Dumaguete Info Search

building your dream home

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by 2blackbelts, Sep 12, 2007.

1. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    One of the really hot topic subjects here was owning - buying land, and building your dream home.

It appears that several people on the board are doing just that. I would like to know how their progress is going, and how happy, what problems they have run into.

Our project is about one year old, and coming along fantastically. We get pictures and updates weekly.

the best,
    2 blackbelts

2. Smedley

Smedley DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hola

hey 2blackbelts,

it sounds like your project is going as planned... unfortunately we havent started ours, so we can't share much info at this point...

Could you share some of your progress photos?
    thanks,
    smed

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    We are still waiting for the Certificate of the Land Title and when we will have it, the construction will commence. Have already negotiated an Architec and builder and house plan is on its final stage.
    @2BB, it's well appreciated if you don't mind sharing some pics in this forum. Thank you and so pleased to hear you're all happy with the progress of your project. Finger's crossed.:smile: :smile: :smile:

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    check this out !

Well guys , If you are realy loooking for your dreamhouse at even lowcost but sustainable twice as long as the common practice hollow block construction it is just a shame you cannot wait untill coing spring. We ( that is the new coming Dutch innovation company and their team together with the Netherlands ministery for foreign affairs and finaly me ,myslef are starting out then to build houses like shown on the pictures and more detailed informate in my topic Welcome ... (photoboard) Any comment from you I will answer ,though I have restictions.
    Other models ( can be custom build ofcourse)_ I have on file aswell .
    Earl
    O last but certainly not least:
    These new home will be Fully Fire proof, earthquake /shock resistant , fully ANAY, BOK BOK and FUNGI /PEST proof..
    yep, I hear you think.. the way they build untill now they all have those hazzles...
    Time for a B I G Change.. European technology without second toughts....
    And somewhat HALF the price only . The house shown is build in Southern France and cost finishes some around 1 . 5 M PISO lang!!

Attached Files:

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Very interesting earl . But is this type of construction also energy saving ?That's incredibly cheap if that's all it takes for the price of it to be built in France. That price cost seems equal to doing up a conventional tiny kitchen here .

• Like Like x 1
  6. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Energy saving ...

Well P N , let me tell you this... savings are somewhat near 70 % on the energy. That is INCLUDING the full use of an aircondition !!
    No wonder it sells like "hot cookies " in tropical countries lke Saudi Arabia , Etiopia , Brasil and South Africa...
    Pehaps in a week or so I will be posting some more detailed info on the site , after I have a green light to do so....

7. rjmerit

rjmerit DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife is there in Dumaguete now preparing our house. Already has the architect and stuff squared away, should start building soon.

8. cactusflower

cactusflower DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Chissar,
    I think we are on the same boat. We are also waiting for the Title. I think we might waiting for a loooong time. Somebody told me that it is a one-man-band type of operation.

9. Dave-Caz

Dave-Caz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lovely house Earl, is it made from.....

Lovely house Earl, is it made from a comon building material impregnated with a granulated material. Perhaps with similarities to some Eternit products past or present.

Perhaps the cost is offset by the European community because it's made from our neuclear waste?
    Just a thought, would make a change from deep encased landfill. :smile:

Seriously Earl, how is your product packaged, will it be on sale from building suppliers. is it just an alternative product using the same building methods or is it an new building concept?

Will you have a "show house" available in December.

Regards
    Dave H

10. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    For dave

Just some quick remarks dave..
    It has NO negative impact on the entire environment
    It is PATENTED in EY USA SAUDI ARABIA and South Afrioca upcoming PHILS.
    Ther are NO common materials in use WHATSOEVER beisde the glass windows that is.
    It is FOR SURE NO ETERNIT as that is world wide banned as you will knoow..
    It will last for atleast 60 years ( under guarantee) but expextations reach over 80 years or so.
    AS from wher i can see . both the Cities of Dumagute ( mayor diccision) Bais , and Amlan will "GO "for it for socilae hosuing projects . We will entertain for the sake of the profits Villa building as well The profits made will benifit in full the other building sites that is .
    In other words You buy cheap and help other people.. ( UNITED NATION HABITAT TASK ) . under which autority we will work..
    You are more then welcome to contact me by private message or a personal visit that is.
    Earl