Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Bulgur, where to buy?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dutchjob, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Does somebody knows where to buy bulgur? I heard that in public schools sometimes the DSWD provides bulgur for free for the kids. Off course with lots of sugar and gata... but still it is bulgur.

Since this is an excellent replacement for white rice and if the DSWD gives it away they must grow it locally. But where to buy it?

I only found a bag in a health store in Cebu, but it was an imported Bob's Red Mills with the imported price to go with it. This is the bag http://www.bobsredmill.com/bulgur.html in case you want to read something about bulgur.

2. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Seen it in Marks & Spencer food court in Ayala mall Cebu. Bit of a trip though.

I'd commit any number of crimes to get my hands on some Sumac, fresh mint, parsley or coriander to make a tabbouleh with it....sigh.

C

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Fresh mint, parsley and coriander found regularly at the Sidlakan Farmers market on Tuesday and Fridays.
    Also plants so you can grow your own.

Just back from cebu city, there is a health store in SM City got a big selection of ancient grains. No bulgur today, so brought some Couscous because no stock here in DGT lately also.

Just keep looking for local Bulgur, coz those ancient imported grains are way to expensive.

4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    hey job, looks you found parsley and cilantro but i have a small amount of cilantro and parsley in the garden if ever needed..

i can't help with the bulgur but i wanted to mention that Yan Yan Commercial in duma carries a few unusual baking ingredients and also has a rack of Bob's Red mill products. and we get rye at why not deli which is imported from germany and less expensive that the Bob's Red Mill at YY.

also... i'd like to know the name of the store in SM city and which SM? i think there's 3 SM malls in town.

thanks...

5. OP
    OP
    Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    The Health Options Store are in SM City and Ayala and a lot other options elsewhere.
    They are very very well stocked, but it is as expensive as it looks... 500php plus for an organic cinamon jar.

Healthy Options, Philippines : Stores