Dumaguete Info Search

Burned by a Filipina

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Jun 20, 2020.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Many of us have stories we could tell about getting scotched be a lovely young lady. My experience was in Makati 12 yrs ago with a trophy girl and the lessons I learned taught me what, thankfully.
    I have an ex-friend who set the “I never learned” bar so high that his $2-3 million failed attempt investment in true love may never ever be broken.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Personally never been burned by a Filipina. A couple times my own actions caused some pretty severe burns. I have heard a lot of guys talk as if they have done no wrong to their girls and claim they were burned...but I've seen those same guys acting like complete pricks after a couple drinks. Most get back what they are dishing out.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I have to take the blame too. I underestimated how clever they are.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    When you have found a Bad one you won't know......However when you find a GOOD ONE you will know the difference!! Trust me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    First Filipina I made contact with online asked me for some money for a microphone within 5 minutes of chatting - conversation cut immediately. Second one could suss immediately was genuine and have been married to for 9 years. She went to live with me in UK and worked her a**e off to allow us to save money to move here. Limited experience there, but I do believe that if you lead with your head and not your pecker, you should not go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nineteen years ago I met my true love, No internet for us, Pen to paper is all we had, Not even a cell phone.
    Her family have never asked for any money. I met her via her sister in the Nederlands and she recommenced me to my now wife.
    So if there are bad Filipinos out there and I guess there are. Be sensible.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I think the answer here is, "Do not let the little brain take over the big one". And no bragging please!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I agree - no bragging guys.

I only was 'burned' once by a Filipina - due to friction.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Many years ago online, I was asked by a Filipina to please send assistance at once. Her Mother was dying due to diabetes complications. I felt I needed to help her out even though we have never met, so I sent her a 5lb bag of sugar.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  10. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Talked for 1 1/2 years to one everyday . I saw some some red flags of insecurity. Let it slide, but took note it could be problems. Arrived and within a week I knew there was trouble. Lasted a month before splitting. I had a lot of time invested and wanted it to work. I dated a biologist back home and this filipina could hold similar conversations. She read Shakespeare too. I dated a filipina doctor here and my ex was smarter than her until it came to the doctor's job, but emotionally my ex was a wreck. After 9 months and three more break ups I called it quits and moved to another island far away. Then there was the doctor here. On our second date she said she loved me. I let it slide. She was a doctor after all. I wanted to see how things went. Within three months she had us getting married, having kids, and traveling the world with Doctor's Without Borders after she obtained her Ob/Gyn license. After three months I told her I just wanted to live quietly retired in the Philippines and broke it off.
    Now I have a smart, sweet little province girl of 6 years from a great and cool family I adore who goes out of her way to keep drama to a minimum and working on her Masters. Life is good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1