Dumaguete Info Search

Business opportunities

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by DavyL200, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Hi everyone

My house sold here in uk now and will be there sometime in july hopefully,probably going to rent for a while until sorted.

My question is what would be a good business to get in or around the area as i cannot just sit at home doing nothing,have been running my own business here in the uk for some yrs now so have some idea.
    Any ideas would be gratefully recieved,i would be thinking or hoping i could earn around 35,000 peso per month.

2. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi

I may be doing it the other way around to you. My little boy has got an English passport so 50/50 on whether to take him back home for his education. :confused: I know you dont like sitting around but thats what i do to earn a living :cool:... I built apartments which i rent out.. I live in one and rent out 3 which gives me an income of a bit over what your looking for after all costs are paid. Ive advertised the property for sale at building cost price then if someone is interested it may make the decision for me haha :smile: Ive run a bar and restaurant, thats usually the first thought and dream of an expat. They soon find out the hours, hassle and money back doesnt add up for most ! :eek: Plus any retail or service business you lease the property not own so if it doesnt work out you have to find a buyer to try and live the dream while your money is draining away :wink: Whatever you chose to do i wish you all the success and i know the good people of DI will help where they can with advice :smile:

3. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Thanks for the reply,you have pm, Dave

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Dave, I have to agree with Appy. I have seen a few foreigner's businesses do very well and more than I can count crash. I find myself with lot's of time now that I'm on a pension. But before I had more than 1 business until I decided to let my money work for me, rather than me working for the money. Granted, I don't have the cash flow I did before, but I have adjusted to spending my time the way I decide each day.:D
    Ron

5. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Nice one thanks Ron,a few people have said this to me also,let the money work for you!! Looking forward to meeting you all in july.

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Sounds good Dave, see you then.
    Ron

7. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I truely believe the PI is a place to retire and NOT make money. A few guys make money and have some important businesses here. But the key word is FEW. I would think they are good business men and would be successful anywhere. But here, man there are just too many people and too many games. Beleive me, if you come into town with money in your pockets you will be a target. Not only from the coruption of local governments but from forgiener on forgiener crime. How many times have I heard a forgiener complain that their forgiener 'partner' ripped them off? ALOT!
    I avoid business here because I dont trust anyone here. Why? To many stories of scams... even from suppossed friends.

My advice, take up a hobby. Learn a musical instrament, become a chef, take up painting, fishing anyone?
    Its cheaper than losing your money on a business venture because people will work you here. I've seen it time and again.

8. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Dave, congratulations on selling your pad. You join a very small band of people who have managed to sell property in UK in a flat market. I got lucky and managed to find a cash buyer with nothing to sell, who was prepared to pay the asking price. Hope you also got a good deal.

Appy Ammer seems to have the answer. I live in one of his apartments, and if I complain about anything he changes the locks and I have to sleep in the nippa with Blanco, my white p*ssy(cat). :D:D Touche

9. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Believe me the market is even worse here now due to all to government cuts etc,but i did manage to find a first time buyer but did drop a bit to get a sale.Interest rates have not moved for two yrs now so it is a good time to buy but now the banks are making it more difficult as they are asking for a larger deposit.So most of the buyers are looking to buy to rent as the rents have gone up alot.

10. bobbyjo13

bobbyjo13 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Dave and well done to sell up.Mine is still for sale yet,its a very slow market here in the north.Was hoping to be back in DI. This year but its not looking good.All i can do is keep reading this forum every day so i know whats going on.Im thinking fishing sounds good to me,you could buy a lot then dig out a lake put the fish in and then i and so many others would be in heaven,me with my fly rod, hmmmm and big sigh! One day eh.can live in hope and dream. All the best Dave and good luck with whatever you choose to do. Bob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.