Dumaguete Info Search

Buying a one way ticket to the states.

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by dodong, Jul 4, 2012.

1. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My fiancee needs a 1 way ticket from the Philippines to Michigan. I've looked around a bit online, but would appreciate anyone's advice about which airline would be best or any other advice regarding the ticket. Thanks!

(She's gotten approved for the visa already, just waiting for it to be delivered.)

2. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think if shes a filipina going to Michigan for 1 way ticket...I think its not allowed coz shes not a foreign citizen unless shes a dual citizen holder. If shes a foreign citizen now in Philippines want to go out from the Philippines, I think shes allowed to purchase a 1 way ticket to Michigan.

3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Depends on the type of Visa, I would think.

4. xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    she should be ok with a oneway ticket..my asawa and i had no trouble getting a oneway ticket...might be a tad pricey..but it will be worth the trouble..

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Airlines fly from city to city.
    So i guess from Manila to Detroit, but in some cases Chicago may be more convenient.
    A one way ticket from Manila to Detroit in September 2012 with Delta will cost 957 US $ (all inclusive) and will take 17 hous and 50 min.
    (from the website of Delta air)

6. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    A ticket with Japan Airlines may be cheaper at around 650 US $ and the flight takes 17 hours.

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Lucky she is going in summer time, if in winter I would advise her to sleep in a freezer for 2 weeks just to acclimate. :D :D Just joking.

Ron

8. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You can try cheapo air online. We usually fly either Korean air or Asiana, both are excellent. You can get a ticket to either Chicago or Detroit and fly from Cebu. It usually goes from Cebu to Seoul and on to a state side destination.

Congratulations on your soon to be wedding.

9. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be sure she has money for those exit fees Filipinos have to pay on their way out. I forgot what that fee called, but it's on top of the terminal fee.

What part of MI is she going to?