Dumaguete Info Search

Calling all British Nationals

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by barkada, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barkada

barkada DI Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The British Consul to The Philippines , Joanne Finnamore -Crokin will be visiting Dumaguete on October 20th. She will be holding an open meeting for British Nationals living in the area in the Bethel Hotel at 6.30pm . She will explain some of the functions of the embassy and take questions afterwards. Free soft drinks and finger foods! If you need any further information message me here.

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    She must be on "tour". :D

Now if we could only get the American Ambassador to the Philippines to do that!

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, I wouldn't mind traveling to several Islands during their main-fiesta of the whole area on german tax-payers costs, try to explain that it is not just a great free fun-trip to Buglasan (or the according other island festivals), listen to some concerns for an hour and give valuable answers like : "hmm, yes, I understand your point very well, can you please send a letter about your concern to......"

hmmm, but I guess Germans wouldn't be satisfied with Soft-drinks at Bethel at 6:30 pm... hehe

4. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had to add my 2 pesos on this comment. What good has the American Ambassador or the American embassy ever done for us expats anyway other than renew our passports and give us all a hard time when you need help? If you get locked up, they are nice enough to come by and tell you that you are on your own and your screwed. If you need medical treatment, they tell you to go to Saint Lukes hospital or leave the country. If the Ambassador really wanted to help expats, then they would request President Obama to allow disabled Americans to use medicare/medicaid in the Philippines since we paid into the system already. It's really sad that thousands of Americans have to pay out of pocket for medications and health care in the Philippines when they should be covered anyway.

5. camanjac

camanjac DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Native Land

they will track you down and compare personal profile in the database.

you owe your native land some money for back taxes.

6. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm glad that I don't owe them nothing, Uncle sam owes me hahahaha!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.