Dumaguete Info Search

Can anyone ID him?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by jake2townz, Oct 14, 2015.

1. jake2townz

jake2townz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A video was making rounds in Facebook yesterday where a non-Filipino man was found floating alive in the middle of the sea between Dumaguete and Siquijor. Is he from around Dumaguete?

2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Yes i dont know his name but he he used to visit next door when i lived before. he has been around for some time ,

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    He is one lucky guy to have been found and rescued by the ferry as the tides are quite strong out there! Have also seen this guy around the place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Notice his shoes are on his arms and he had a bottle of water i think it was a planed swim.

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I'm sure curious how he got there and where the life ring came from.. However he got there, he is one lucky guy to be spotted and rescued, I'm sure if he wasn't spotted by a very alert guy with very sharp eyes, the strong current would have carried him to his death.

Job well done both surviving and to the rescuers.....

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Attention Seeking ? FB Video of the Day, Where did he come from to be out there? OFF the Same Ferry "Man Overboard"? :cautious:

Jack:sneaky:

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Good point, I didn't think of that one. If that's the case at least his fare was already paid.:happy:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wouldn't think so. First thing you should do when you fall in the water is remove your shoes and pants if you have any. They make it really hard to swim and you can use your pants as a make-shift flotation device (tie off the leg openings and force air into your pants...but in his case he had shorts on). I didn't see a bottle of water until he was on the boat, someone could have handed him that.

Filipinos in the comments are trying to say he is the Italian kidnapped from Dipolog but the guys accent sounded very North American to me. I find it odd that when they asked him what happened he said "I don't now". How do you not know how you ended up floating in the ocean half way between Dumaguete and Siquijor? The only way I wouldn't say what happened is if I was delirious from exhaustion (possible in his case I guess) or I had done something really stupid.

9. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    My guess ..... I am betting that alcohol was involved in one way or another :biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. alex

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    He is a local here , why would he have his shoes on his his arms if were not expecting to walk when he got were he was going, and look close the water is in his pocket