Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Cancelled visa run

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by jim787, Mar 15, 2014.

1. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    A stroke of good luck. For my 16th-month visa run I planned the trip well in advance: a ticket to Cebu, then Cebu to Bangkok, then return after 3 days, plus a return to Cebu "throwaway" ticket. This would be my third visa run since retiring in the Philippines. Then I learned that tourist visas have become extendable for up to 36 months. I figured that all things considered, it makes sense to stay home, and to eat the cost of the international fares. Then comes an email from Cebu Pacific. It seems that they have discontinued the Cebu-BKK run. They propose that I fly via Manila, with a layover there and arrive in BKK after midnight. Not very convenient in any case. Alternatively, they will refund the ticket. The website shows the same alternative for my other confirmatiions. I take the itineraries to the airport ticket office. Because I made the reservations online, the agent wants me to request the refund by telephone. I explain that I have no problem waiting for the refund, but I can't bear to sit home all day redialing the call center. She agrees to put through the request. My credit card will receive the refund, eventually.

I will use the ticket Dgte-Cebu for a shopping trip.

2. OP
    OP
    jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    The airport agents advised me that a refund to my credit card would take 45 to 60 days. But it was credited within two weeks. This is not your father's Cebu Pacific.