Dumaguete Info Search

Can't find the Boulevard - Just follow your nose

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Old Codger, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Usually on a Sunday evening, myself and my better than nothing have a walk along the Boulevard. But recently we've taken to do this from the other side of the road, due to the smell from the beach. The culprit seems to be that green slimey seaweed which clings to rocks. Whatever it is, it certainly stinks. Can't they do something about it? It spoils the beauty of the Boulevard.

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Well the beauty of the boulevard you never will catch with your nose, or you must sit in a boat somewhat further from that boulevard :smile: and like the smell of salty seawater (like I do).
    Probably it was at the area (between Bethel and Press Club House) and you were consuming free of charge the odor of the 'recycled' waste water 'downloaded' there from the fish and vegetable market :wink:

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Lovely river run off at no charge!

4. OP
    OP
    Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Not quite sure what that means, anyway it is not just the smell of salty water and not confined to that area. Firstly, I thought it might be from the area where the drains discharge and some rats congregate but it seems to be wherever that green slimey seaweed is. Don't get me wrong, I like the boulevard, have done since I first came here about 16 years ago. I'd just like to see someone do something about the smell before it has negative effects.

5. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Articles have been written in the Negros Chronicle about this odor problem and how the new wastewater treatment plant should help alleviate it. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the claims, but I hope it is true!

6. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Real negative effects might come from red tide like it has already in many other parts of the country.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.