Dumaguete Info Search

car + driver ... any recommendations?

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by greymagic, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greymagic

greymagic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi folks, I am (at long last) arriving in Dumaguete on 23rd August, staying 6 nights at the Nicator, after reading some positive reviews on here.

I would like to hire a car with driver and explore well outside the city limits. Anybody know of a reliable driver who speaks good English and knows the local places of interest?

What WOULD those "places of interest" be?

This is the last leg (3rd trip this year) in my quest for locating a place to live long term in the RP. My list of potential places has shrunk to just Puerto Princesa, Tagbilaran and Dumaguete. This trip I will be visiting the latter 2. So I am there to make "the decision" this time - exciting stuff! I leave Larnaca tomorrow, bound for Cebu initially.

Will catch up with my reading on here - has been a couple of months since I was very active on here.

Cheers
    Adrian

2. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    When in Rome, do as the romans. So why not rent a small motorcycle from one of the shops in town, and do some sightseeing on your own?

If you like some guided tours, I am sure that one of the local travel agencyes in town can help you to arrange that. They also know, which places outside town are worth to visit.

3. cutlery

cutlery DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i can recommend someone with a van. the rate depends on the distance, it starts from 2500 up. you can text nong boy/nang valing at +63 9286886730. they are into tht business long time ago. a dependable driver.

4. OP
    OP
    greymagic

greymagic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    driver + car

Thanks for that - exactly the kind of recommendation I was looking for. As a complete stranger to the city and surrounding area it makes sense to have a tour guide for orientation.

Thanks
    Adrian

5. maganda_35

maganda_35 Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi Adrian,,

Happy trip and welcome to the philippines...i hope you will like Dumaguete its very safe here and life is so simple...

ingat you....smile

6. godfather

godfather DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! I do recommend a licensed tourist guide, his name is Anthony Serencio. Aside from being a licensed tour guide he is also currently the marketing manager of one of the guesthouse in Dumaguete City. I know his rates are cheap and I'm sure he'll tour you around Negros Oriental (Dumaguete City and outside Dumaguete). He was our tour guide when we had our vacation in Dumaguete City a couple of months ago. The number is: +63.927.274.8676. Enjoy your stay there! :smile:

7. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hey cutlery,

the people you mentioned are good. i know them personally. you in any way related to them?

8. cutlery

cutlery DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i am not related to them but i know them 3 years ago... and we still keep in touch until now. do you them too? yes they are good.....

9. cutlery

cutlery DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry... do you know them too?

10. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I rented a Suzuki Van with my group from Dumaguete-Cars. We were very ok with them, very professional company and no local piece of rust. Absolute Recommendable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.