Dumaguete Info Search

Car rental

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by tlrtraveler, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    Hi everyone: I am planning a trip to Dumaguete next April and would like to tour Negros in a rental vehicle; however, I cannot find any auto rental companies thru google. Any suggestions?? My plans are to start in Dumaguete, but those can be altered if necessary. Any commentary on the feasibility of this "adventure" will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Look for Scud's or when you are in Dumaguete, I know that there are cars for rent at the Rizal Park, that's right across McDonald's. There are parked cars for rent in that area, I heard.

3. OP
    OP
    tlrtraveler

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    car rental

Thanks Rarity--I will do so---I was trying to get an idea as to rates and insurace requirements also, but can wait til I get there to check on that. My understanding of license requirements derived from info on the US Embassy web site is that for use of 90 days or less, foreign drivers with a license printed in english do not need a Philippine license --the same if they have an international license. Is a 'round Negros trip a "doable" venture??? Any thoughts on that???

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yes a trip around Negros is doable, your US license will be fine. you can think of 2000 + peso for a car per day for a week rental.

Ken's at the airport is also a address to ask. Kens Trading

cheers

Rhoody

5. OP
    OP
    tlrtraveler

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    car rental

Thanks Rhoody---I appreciate the input and loved your commentary on the "wet season" in Dumaguete!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.