Dumaguete Info Search

Caution Alert: HOME INVASIONS AT 1AM

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Don, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    (COPIED FROM ANOTHER YAHOO! GROUP SITE)

To our members who live on Negros, Oriental, down towards Dumaguete area.

Some members are aware that I have "bragged-Off" (my wife's phrase) about
    where I live in Amlan...affectionately promoted as being "DreAMLANd" by our
    Mayor. Amlan is quite a small municipality, about 23 clicks North of Duma, and if you
    were driving on the highway and didn't notice a church,central basketball area, and a 2 story
    Municipal building all at the same time, you would never,ever realize you past
    through "downtown" Amlan - a rather poor municipality...3rd from the bottom of
    the tax paying list to the provincial government. So we are a very quiet and
    safe community made up mostly of poor farming folk and very small business owners.

Suddenly - out of the Blue - there has been a rash of home invasions / armed robberies occurring
    in the different barangays! Four men, wearing military camouflage uniforms,
    using ski-masks to completely cover their faces, and all armed, have been
    robbing homes at 1AM in the morning..."Holy Hour".

Two Filipino families in Silab were robbed last week...both at 1AM....in Sta..Cantalina (a
    small town further up into the mountains than Silab), they broke into a copra
    dealers house after he had just completed a sale of copra and got P30,000.00
    plus laptops. Several weeks earlier, they robbed my very wealthy, show off
    American acquaintance just down Silab Rd. from us, by cutting the top razor wire
    and climbing over a 10ft high wall. They then removed a front room glass window
    - *by Using a Glass Cutter*. He was literally hog tied for an hour while they
    ransacked every room in his beautiful house. The Filipino guard dog was asleep
    in the back of the house and never heard a thing. LOL. They only got P2,000.00
    plus 2 laptops! It was 1AM when they broke in.....(the kano was asleep).

Two nights ago my wife was awoken by all our 4 outside dogs (Pit Bull & Doberman mix breed)
    barking furiously...and sheheard the noise of one of our back area lots gates being closed. She turned on
    all outside perimeter lights and the downstairs lights and couldn't see anyone.

Who ever was there in our back yard could have opened that gate with no
    sound...but it makes a loud scraping noise when it's being closed. My wife forgot to lock that gate that night. Guess what
    time it was...U R correct: 1AM!!

The next day my wife was chatting with our outside animal caretaker, who lives in
    Silab barangay just up the Rd, but right next to my wealthy Dutch friend, who
    has a beautiful house on a great overlooking (yeah- even better than mine!), and
    a lovely covered pool viewing his overlook. (That's the only thing I am a bit
    envious of!)
    Our worker, and her neighbor across the road, saw several men in camouflage
    uniforms sneaking around on the hillside of my friend's lot. But they faded into
    the darkness....at about 1AM.

We reported both our incident and our friends incident to our local PNP - and to
    my surprise they entered it in their blotter for record! They also said they had
    already been patrolling up our road to the other American who was robbed, but
    now they would extend their patrol further up to include my house and lot. But
    they refused to go further into the mountains to patrol my Dutch friend's lot,
    saying it would take them too far from the PNP station if anything of real
    urgency might happen.
    So far, it seems they actually are coming by here around 1AM...my wife has seen
    them once, and a neighbor has seen them another night.

The desk PNP officer who took our complaint also said they were aware a gang of
    4 men were committing home invasions, all about 1 AM, as there had been home invasions /robberies
    in 2 other baragays in the past 2 weeks - all in the municipal limits of "DreAMLANd"

Yesterday, we received a text message from the wife of my Dutch friend. To cut through
    other B.S., what she basically texted was an except from some unknown news article,
    possibly a Dumaguete newspaper - I don't know..that said the following...

* Paraphrased*:

Please remember - I am *Not* in any way substantiating or verifying this alleged
    reliable information about Abu Sayyaf trainees coming here to practice. I have
    no idea if it's true or not: but I am reporting a couple of very unusual home
    invasions in my sleepy, poor town, all occurring about 1AM; all by 4 armed men;
    all wearing camouflaged military style uniforms; all wearing ski masks.

In my mind, what's also peculiar is that no one has said they heard a vehicle or
    single motor in the area either before, or after, the home invasions..?

Take it for what it's worth.

Angel and Dusty,in Valencia...your wealthy town may be next! LOL!!

Ayo ayo = Take care
    Don

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it's "lock and load time".

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Don, thanks for posting. Too bad your pit bull didn't attack the perps.

5. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I can relate!!!!!!

Never again will I be caught off guard. The next time they come in my home, they will die. I have a weapon that they don't have....it's called "anger".

6. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Even President Aquino is alarmed now about the unsolved crimes in and around Dumaguete.

7. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Firefly, I don't think it's Duma as much as an overall situation nationwide. Maybe I just notice/hear about it more now, but it seems to be on the increase everywhere.

8. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And, my wife is hassling me to buy a helmet with a smoke faceshield to hide the fact that I'm a foreigner when we ride. I also, at her request, removed the USA flag decals from my motor and replaced them with Texas flags. Most people not from the US don't know what a Texas flag looks like.

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    The Texas State flag is commonly mistaken for the Chilean national banner.
    To differentiate between the 2, just remember, in Texas, the white's on the top... O-xI

10. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Not sure if a texas flag or any flag for that matter will make life safer in Dumaguete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.