Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Cebu to Dumaguete Ceres Liner Bus Schedule

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Travel Guide, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Travel Guide

Travel Guide DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The Ceres Liner bus from Dumaguete to Cebu is not that bad, I have been travelling this route several times now. It takes around 40 minutes from Dumaguete to the boat landing - around 60 minutes to cross over to Cebu Island and then another 3 hours up to Cebu City.

There are more non-aircon busses that ply the cebu to dumaguete route, but this is the schedule of the aircon busses as of today(might change so don't blame me)

Ceres Lines bus from Dumaguete to Cebu:
    4.30am
    6.00am
    8.45am
    12.50pm
    2.30pm

Ceres Lines bus from Cebu to Dumaguete to Cebu:
    6.00am
    10.00am
    1.00pm
    3.00pm
    7.00pm

The bus ride from Cebu to Dumaguete can be quite scary at night, so it might be safer to take one of the earlier trips:smile:

Happy travels :smile:

2. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Cebu to Dumaguete Bus

A note here.

There are two bus terminals in Cebu, and the bus to dumaguete is from Cebu South Terminal.

3. katenjoys

katenjoys DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How long does it take from Cebu airport to Cebu South Terminal...?

I was wondering is anyone knows about how long it takes (via taxi?) from Cebu International Airport to Cebu South Terminal. My flight gets in at 11:45 AM and I want to catch a bus south to Dumaguete at either 1PM or 3PM. Will I make it? Also, there are 4 people in my crew...will the taxi driver let us all ride in one taxi? I'm trying to get to Apo Island ASAP. I hope to be there early the day after my plane lands. Is it possible? (I know about the ferries from Cebu to Dumaguete at 6 AM...is this better than the bus?)

Thanks!!

4. averatec3200

averatec3200 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello,
    Usually it will take about 45 mins on the average. It may take less if its not a busy day.

Also, having 5 passenger in the taxi will depend on the driver, better take two taxis, cause the driver could be apprehended for overloading.

5. katenjoys

katenjoys DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    making Reservations for the Bus...

Does anyone know if I can make a reservation for the Ceres Liner Bus from Cebu to Dumaguete? I'm afraid the bus will be full when I show up on December 26th due to the busy season... any ideas? THANKS!!

6. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Ceres Lines Reservation

You can not make reservations, you should go there 30 min to an hour before departure to make sure you get a seat.

7. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Ceres Buses going to Cebu

[​IMG]

8. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think this is the same sort of bus we took from Dumaguete to Zamboanguita. Those drivers are skilled, let me tell you. We zoomed down that two-lane national highway, all the while dodging pedi-cabs, pedestrians, motorcycles, and kids on bikes.

I preferred riding the pedi-cab most of all since we don't have anything like that in America. It was a new way to travel. I've been on a bus before, though the ride was not quite as exhilarating as the aforementioned Zamboanguita trip :D

9. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    you can also take the pumpboat from sibulan terminal to liloan - 40 peso - and catch the VHire van to cebu city -100 peso - a little faster but they tend to pack the people into the vans - i pay 200 peso for the 2 seats shotgun isf it looks like a full van - pumpboat departures on the hour or when full - somewtimes every 30 min - the van departs when soon after the boat passengers arrive

10. jun_consad

jun_consad One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how long does it takes from dumaguete to bacolod

Hello everyone, just want to ask if how long does it takes tavelling from dumaguete to bacolod or vice versa and how much is the fare. Can you me give some tips on what bus to take in order to reach either destinations? Thank you very much...