Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Cell phone load is being stolen.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Charlie, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    We both have TM cell phone load and it is being stolen from almost every day.
    Most days I don't even use my phone but the load is disappearing, some days a little, and some days a lot. Has anyone else had this problem ? And what can be done to stop it ? I did find a place on the Globe/TM web site to send them a message about it and it read that I would have an answer in 24 hours. That was 3 days ago.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :bag: Same here Charley, 55 peso gone in less than a day and I made 1 text, We were going to go to Robinson's but I fear my patience may run out with excuses. I am almost convinced that all these messages of offers they send, we pay for either that or it is their way of getting us to transfer to post paid, This I may inquire about :greedy:
    BTW do you still have Link for them? :thumbsup:

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Are you using a smart phone? If you don't have a data plan and the phone data is turned on it will burn through your load pretty quickly. You'll need to manually turn off your mobile data by going into the settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    No my friend, I have a bog standard Nokia x1

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have you subscribed to any ringtones or callback music? Or replied to any of those promotional/spam text messages they always send out? Let any teenagers have access to your phone?

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    No on all those things

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You can go to the globe/smart website, open an account and link your phone number to the account. You can see there of you are subscribed to any promotional crap. The also have forums there that you might have better luck with getting an answer from their customer support.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    What we did was buy a TM sim card and only load P20 every 3 days, then register to their promo that usually works. After receiving the load send a text to 8888 and and type CA20 then wait a few seconds for the confirmation text.
    It gives I think unlimited calls to Globe and Tm, unlimited texts to the same and 50 texts to all networks. it's kinda a pain in the arse sometimes but no scams.

• Like Like x 1
  9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    correction it's 8080 oops....

10. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When I first got here I replied to the 'Globe' thanks for adding load, you have 3 spins for ... promo and my load started disappearing as you describe. I ended up getting another sim, always delete every promo text, and now I can load p100 and use it over a couple months with no problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2