Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Ceres from Dumaguete to Cebu

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by sandycreekg, Jul 24, 2015.

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    If any one has experienced this on the trip to Cebu and back on the bus......a few times a year I take my partner back to Cebu to visit family. we usually take a small luggage each which gets stored in the lockers under the bus and my partner carries her handbag on the bus with her.........most trips....get on the bus pay the bus fare to Cebu.....about 205p then we go on the ferry and pay about 70p for that...............a couple of times now the conductor has asked extra for the small luggage that goes in the locker under the bus............we refused to pay.....one time the conductor asked the fare for another person from us to cover the luggage in the locker even though it was a small luggage.........my understanding is you pay your bus ticket and that covers any luggage that goes in the outside locker and believe me I have seen some people bring half the house with them........smile

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Quite Right, I have never been Charged but I have heard stories about charges to cover the conductor/drivers friends that don't pay. Next time I would suggest you had a word with the Inspectors that get on and off and regular places and ask him/them. If it happened to me I would ask for a receipt for the luggage payment, methinks you would have him move up the Bus a bit:wink:

JP :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Ask for his name and the bus number and i bet he goes away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have made the trip several times and, very reluctantly, put my stuff in the storage (I'm always afraid someone will get off and jack my sh*t, which prevents me from sleeping the whole way). I have never paid extra for the luggage. My gf regularly takes trips to Cebu and Bayawan on the bus and she has never paid for luggage either. Sounds like a long nose tax to me. Demand a receipt and I bet they forget about the charges. If they still demand payment and refuse to give you a receipt inform them you will be reporting them to the BIR and then get their names. That'll properly screw up their day.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Thanks for the comments fella's, it just confirms what I thought about it being another scam, another one that has been tried on us is that when we pay for or tickets the conductor has not given change( we usually pay with a big note) the conductor says can we wait as he does not have enough small change even though it is obvious hehas a lot of small notes in his hand.......goes back up the front and he sits down..........we wait a bout 30 mins then start bugging him about our change,...........takes 3 or 4 times of calling him back to get our change

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Carry small bills. Problem solved. :wink: But, I've had the same thing happen but never had to bug them about the change. They always brought it later on in the trip without any reminders from me. I avoid these problems now and make sure to keep plenty of small bills/change in my pockets at all times.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MJFrost

MJFrost DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Last year I booked on a small freighter out of Duma on the George & Peter line. An adequate cot & blanket on deck, under an awning for $8 right to Cebu harbor. We departed 11pm, arrived 7am. It was great.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1