Dumaguete Info Search

Check Out the "Our Man In Manila" on YouTube

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Cutie ladybug, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't do a link from where I am now, but it'll come right up if you input those key words.

It's a series of stories about expats being imprisoned by PI Immigration on fase charges, losing everything they had etc.

Like one gy who sunk 3M into a furniture business in Mindanao only to lose it..

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    This set of 3 short videos have been around for a while, but they are eternally relevant. They should be compulsory viewing for any one who comes here with rose-tinted glasses, with money in their pocket and trust in their heart.

I am well aware of the good work done by Alfred Lehnert, often in the face of threats and danger from the corrupt. The Foreign Assistance Centre which he and others founded is now recognised by the Bureau of Immigration, and since 1st September this year Alfred has been a member of the government immigration panel. Alfred is German, but speaks exceptionally good English.

The hotline of the FAC is 0063 (2) 57 999 57. It's a number worth storing in your cell phone, as imprisonment and lengthy detention on false and trumped up charges is far more common place than any one cares to admit.

3. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I carnt find it now maybe taken off

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    part 1
    [video=youtube;NLNzaSWjouA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNzaSWjouA[/video]

part 2

[video=youtube;lFp0ld_lgdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFp0ld_lgdk[/video]

part 3

[video=youtube;NiXFXhD2cwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXFXhD2cwY[/video]

5. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow i found it now

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's more fun in the Philippines! This is exactly why I refuse to associate with any locals and most certainly will never marry one. Sorry Philippines, all you have to offer me is your beer, your cigarettes and you women (and the women are on a rental basis only).

7. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hemmm maybe you are the sort of foreigner that gives the rest of the foreigners here a bad name?

8. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I am an "Emigrant" to this Country, I live here permanently, I have no intentions going back to my Home Country, I have not been cheated here like I have been cheated back home, so I am probably lucky...

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm quite polite to the girls and never treat them badly, I honestly tell the girls before hand that I am not looking for a wife or a girlfriend. No girl here can honestly claimed I made promises to get them in bed.

I don't associate with neighbors or local's around town, although I do smile and say, "sir" or "ma'am" when I am forced to deal with them in the local shops. I guess if that is giving a bad name I am guilty.

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    That sucks! I have been married to my wife here for 15 years with only a prob or two........ and lot's of local friends. Looks like you loose.