Dumaguete Info Search

Checkpoints, Covid-19, coronavirus

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by btd, Mar 22, 2020.

1. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    I've passed through some local checkpoints but haven't been stopped yet. For anyone in the know, what are they checking and what are they enforcing? And is it still ok to travel freely across towns in Negros Oriental?

• Like Like x 1
  2. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Well they are trying to find out if you have a fever (which is of course difficult) and they don't let unknown people entering their Barangay. Like in Valencia, Barangay Mampas; they set up a checkpoint. Civilians take turns every 2 hours checking people leaving and arriving. If they don"t know you they won't let you in. In your case they let you pass. They would not in Mampas. I know a foreigner who lives there.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    Sounds like making plans for a weekend excursion outside of town would not be a good idea then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    We hit a checkpoint, inbound, on the Valencia-Bacong road on Thursday. PNP and (I think) some military. Taking temperatures only. We had to pull over and hang out for a few minutes with them after both my and my wife's temperatures read 40. The kid, sitting in back, was fine.

Late afternoon, we had just gotten into the car which was parked in the sun, it was still hot inside the car. Anyway, no big deal, everyone was pleasant and friendly. After 5-minutes, and standing outside the car, our temperature readings were fine.

We did pass another checkpoint on Legarda Street (we were just passing through Valencia), but, as we were outbound we weren't stopped.

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Tried to get up in the mountains yesterday to chosens cafe,not a hope unless youre a resident. Big checkpoint just before powerplant offices.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Mayor in Dumaguete just shut down a bunch of businesses, including barber shops and beauty parlors.

Now I guess the next thing Out of Stock will be hair color as all of the women and male politicians hit the stores to buy it, lest their true "color" be exposed.

I wonder where all of these employees are going to be getting money to feed their families? I have not heard of one person that has tested positive by going to the barber or any of the other places he ordered closed. But hey, the authorities still are being paid and can provide so what the heck.