Dumaguete Info Search

Cheese, Please!!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by permres, Sep 22, 2011.

1. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So many things I want to make with cheese, problem is...Where's the Cheese??!! I used to buy cheeses at Robinson's, but they are no longer selling them (monterey jack, and they even had a decent one called "cheddarella"), but no more. They have these tiny packages of something called "vintage cheddar", and it is too sharp and much too expensive. Anybody know of good places to buy cheese??

2. E-man

E-man DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hypermart...Lee Plaza...Casablanca.....

3. OP
    OP
    permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Will have to try Hypermart again, last few times I have looked there, they didn't have any, either. Never go to Lee Plaza (but I will drop in there and check one of these days), and I need to check out Casablanca, although I am worried it might be too cost-prohibitive. Thanks....will check them out........

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    The new place named Trendi on the north hwy near to Coca Cola in Sibulan seems to be getting a very good reputation. I have tried some bread and cold cuts that were very good. He also has lot's of cheese, but I haven't tried them yet.
    Ron

5. OP
    OP
    permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks!! Will have to give that a shot!!

6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I have to second this. The place is just getting going and expanding what it has it seems. It has a nice selection of cheese's, deli meets, sausages, breads, and so forth. The manager / owner Hanz is a westerner also and lively chap to talk to.

7. OP
    OP
    permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well, I stopped by the Lee Hypermart today and they definitely didn't have the cheeses I am looking for (no surprise there!), BUT, I was elated that they had several packages of El Paso flour tortillas, which I bought 4 bags of (I might go back and buy the rest!). I tried making flour tortillas last week and they didn't turn out so well....my corn tortillas turn out wonderfully, though! Will have to go by Trendi next week and see what they have to offer in the way of cheese.............

8. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I stopped by today, he was running low on stock, sorry, took all the cheddar they had. He is shopping tomorrow so later in the week would be a good time to stop by I guess.

If anyone wants the price list, please pm me. I have it in Excel (Hans sent it to me on email), he has a wide range of products.

Rhoody am I allowed to post it or does that "break the rules" in terms of promoting a business?

Cheers

9. nick78_swe

nick78_swe DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My GF said that she and her french friend found lots of diffirent cheeses at "Le Chalet" (Why Not Bar).

You can give em a call on Telephone:
    (035) 225-4488 and ask if they have what you want, hope you find it =)

10. OP
    OP
    permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks, I'll probably just drop by!!