Dumaguete Info Search

Chinese Vaccine Safety

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by NowandThen, Dec 26, 2020.

1. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Just read this article (translated):
    "The corona vaccine CoronaVac, developed by the Chinese biotech company Sinovac, has shown an effectiveness of between 50 and 90 percent in tests with around 13,000 volunteers in Brazil. That said a representative of the health authority in São Paulo. The state butantane institute, which produces the product as a partner of Sinovac in Brazil, wants to publish the exact results of the study by January 7th at the latest.

2. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    MANILA — A Taiwanese news website recently claimed that the COVID-19 vaccine of Chinese firm Sinopharm (n0t Sinovac) is being called the “most unsafe in the world.”

But a Philippine official and a vaccine expert said it’s only through scientific data that such conclusions can be made.

A Taiwan News
    report on Wednesday quoted a Shanghai-based vaccine expert named Tao Lina who claimed that Sinopharm’s instruction manual listed 73 side effects or adverse reactions including high blood pressure, loss of vision and loss of taste. While doctors reportedly joked about the long disclaimer, Tao pointed out that because such side effects are listed on the manual, patients who experience adverse reactions won’t be able to sue the state-owned pharmaceutical firm.

Sinopharm is among the COVID-19 vaccine frontrunners. Its vaccine is already for limited use in China, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain. It also claims to have a 79% efficacy rate against COVID-19.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/01/08/21/taiwan-news-report-claims-sinopharm-has-73-side-effects-ph-experts-weigh-in

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    This agrees with what my GP told me about a medication he prescribed and which I wrote about on the Forum a day or two ago. Just list every possibility and then the patient takes the risk!

However, they need list ONLY ONE 'side-effect' to put me off: 'Made in China'.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1