Dumaguete Info Search

Christmas Past

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Ten Twenty Lenny, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    There is a different feel ... mood ...here in this country when Xmas comes...Makes me remember when I was younger and what Xmas was really about...Not just about how commercial it has gone... back in the U S of A......I remember Grandma and the whole family and the good food and good times and the meaning it had of Xmas's past...Nice to have that feeling back a little here...
    Hope you folks here have a good feeling this year and good holidays....

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Something about the tropical weather takes away from the holiday "spirit". It's just another month for me. (Grew up with cold winters....associate snow and freezing my balls off with Christmas....which is why I never look forward to the holiday.)

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Never feels like Xmas to me either here, in the uk it's always dark and cold but there is always the Xmas spirit along with carol singers that can actually sing,everyone has Xmas lights up. Maybe it's just the hot weather that de tracts from the Xmas spirit here. Even the supermarkets and shops have Xmas offers and all the trimmings that go along with Xmas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Well my friend, to help you warm off those cold nights have a Tot with me
    Don't know which rum you like so sent a variety CHEERS:wink:

Rum,lambs.jpg Rum cpt morgan.jpg rum tanduay.jpg plus of course rum and coke.jpg

Merry Christmas! see you in Next year thumbs up1.jpg

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Talking about rum jack, have you tried don papa? It's made in negros occidental. Best I've ever tasted anywhere. Not cheap and comes in a posh box and sold in times mercantile at around p1100 :smile:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Not my Tipple Dave, since the stroke I have been a strictly Beer man but I will surely pass this information to those that do drink Rum :smile:
    JP:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137

8. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Those who live down South in Oz, ( cooler climate ) usually have the hot roast meal, followed with hot christmas pudding and hot custard, YUMMO, Those who live up North, ( warmer climate ), usually have a huge seafood platter, some hot and some cold, and assortment of fruits, comprising: mudcrabs, morten bay bugs, lobster, barramundi, snapper, etc., - difficult to choose which way to go, North or South, ha ha ha ha :smile:

Not to forget the regular liquid refreshments, in either directions, such as; beer, Jack Daniels, Bacardi rum, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, and of course a shampers or two, plus, 2nd choice after pudding is Pavlova desert and an assortment of good Port wine.......then sleep for a week to get over it...........lol:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    We had a perfect Thanksgiving Day meal at a good friend's beach resort on a night with perfect weather and California wine and turkey with all the trimmings. For Christmas, we may see what the local fine restaurants are offering. Would love to have barramundi and lobster and snapper and Cloudy Bay or Craggy Range wine but I doubt Santa will come through.

• Like Like x 1