Dumaguete Info Search

Church groups

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by Philippinediver, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippinediver

Philippinediver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    Philippinediver

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    Philippinediver

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Attached Files:

4. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Nice pics! I have always been curious about the other church groups in Dgte. I have always been so caught up with volunteering with one group that I never had time to check out the other groups. One time I decided that I certainly needed a higher educated sermon to listen too plus one in full English. My one friend introduced me to the Catholic Services held across the street from Lee's Plaza in down town. I really enjoyed it even though I am not Catholic. The priest had updated, educational and inspiring sermons. It was in English so that I understood and he cracked jokes to hold my attention which was helpful for the LENT services at dawn.

The biggest plus for me was that I wasn't asked for money by those around me nor by the leaders of the church (of course NOT meaning the usual tithing bucket passed around).

In the past, I have had half malnourished children shoved in my arms during service and children with obvious skin/ailments then afterwards asked for money to feed/cure them. I do deal with this on a daily basis since I volunteer so when I come to church I would like sanctuary and peace away from all these problems and some respect for me in that manner.

I have been so curious what churches that other foreigners have found and how they like it. Everyone please feel free to go into detail about your church and give me a church tour so that the next time I will know what other churches to try out that will be a good fit! THANKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.