Dumaguete Info Search

church wedding

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by filital, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filital

filital DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am marrying outside my parish(catholic) but my parish of origin will not release me an endorsement letter (necessary document) if I will not pay the same exact amount that I'm paying to the other parish where I intend to have my wedding. Is this normal? Are they saying that one should marry and find someone whom to marry within his parish?:mad: What if he has no much money? He then couldnt get marry. I thought church should help everybody to receive the Holy sacraments. Instead, with this what they called "new church law" they urge persons to just live together or just have a civil wedding. They are blinded with MONEY!!!

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I've never heard of that. I do know that the church whether your own or out side your parish,do expect a donation. Especially here in Dumaguete. I being Catholic myself told the priest I would rather have my wedding at jollibee. He asked if he could attend

3. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I wonder why you need to pay twice. What I know is that you donate a certain amount, not much, to the church where the wedding is supposed to take place. But that's only one payment.

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Yes Filital, we all thought that a church was representing our Lord.
    Not only blinded with money....too often also POWER (which you can get with MONEY indeed).
    Good luck in your search. There must be a way to bypass this so called NEW CHURCH LAW.
    Unsubscribe at your place and become a residence of that other church-location :D

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Off-Topic...

I need to go to my Little-Ones school to for a recollection (about all good things in life) and for confession prior to my little ones first communion.

Well I am not sure if the time is enough when I start talking about the last 25 years after my last confession, but I am sure they gonna pay me to listen to more .. if their ears won't fall off ... haha

6. OP
    OP
    filital

filital DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    An hour ago I'd talked to the priest in-charge for the whole diocese and told him about the payment that my parish of origin had asked me. He said this "new church law" is not true and that I need to pay only a fee for the parish permit but not as much as what they are asking. It's absurd!!!

7. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    The priest will think its a long day in hell...........:D

8. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    LOL...wait 'til the local priests hear this.

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Filital have you been to your parish administrator office yet? Go there and ask for the posted fees for services and this is what you should be paying. Watch out for the intermediaries, they may be trying to make something on the side.

10. OP
    OP
    filital

filital DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Pedro! I didn't go to my parish personally because I'm working abroad. I sent my mom there and this is what they said that they want a payment for the permit from parish of origin 100% of the amount we are paying to the other parish where will be marrying. Anyway, I'd already talked to the priest in-charge of the whole diocese and told me that he will take care of it and will contact my parish. Thank you anyway for your concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.