Dumaguete Info Search

city veterinarians

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by onlymichael, Mar 20, 2013.

1. onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    anyone had animals treated by either dumag or sibulan city vets? do they even treat private clients or are they just for municipal and gov. services?

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I checked around before I settled on one that I was satisfied with. In my opinion, Acuna Vet Clinic on Hibbard Avenue is probably the best you will find here. He is very caring and dedicated.

3. OP
    OP
    onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks, but

Do you have a cell phone number for him? I tried texting him at a number listed on this board for him and no reply.

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I have his business card here. The numbers that I have are:-

(035) 226-2433
    (035) 422-8805

Mobile 0920-920-9752

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I use the vet next to Harolds Mansion on Hibbard. I switched there from the vet across from Kangs and have been satisfied. I buy my dog food and snacks there as well.

6. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    and here is our Veterinary Clinic & Pet Supply
    a DI supporter.
    Baro Veterinary Clinic & Pet Supply - Dumaguete Animal Clinic
    Minor and Major Orthopedic Surgeries, Grooming, Surgeries, Boarding, Deworming, Vaccination, Confinement, Blood Examinations, X-Ray, Dental Prophylaxis, Whelping Assistance, Supplier of Dog and Petfood and Home Service by appointment.

Orchids Daro Highway
    Northroad - Dumaguete City
    Landline : (035) 422-0596 (clinic), (035) 419-8745 (home)
    Cell: 0917-9553 056, 0930-401 0367 (Doc Fritzie), 0921-6320 636 (Doc Diana)
    email: lyndonbaro_23@yahoo.com , dianne_baro06@yahoo.com

7. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Do yourself and your pets a big favour..Use Dr. Acuna..very professional ,passionate about his work, and reasonable.. Stay away from the small operators ... Maybe you should ceck out some of the past posts on DI...Miguel

8. rechel

rechel DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    wow your so nice to me... saying
    Maybe you should ceck out some of the past posts on DI...Miguel

9. OP
    OP
    onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    As with most professions,....

Some are exceptionally good and honest, some exceptionally bad and dishonest and most just mediocre.

So far here I have had one vet unable/unwilling to give a treatment plan, wants me to just pay him and another who does not answer his cell phone messages (pending double check, will try again).

In the U.S. some of the vets liked to pull this crap with sucking you into a treatment plan that had virtually no chance for success in order to milk you for as much as they could get. This occurs frequently with dogs who have terminal cancer; and unless you're satisfied with paying a huge amount of money to extend the dog's life a few months at best, your paying down a bottomless pit with no return for your money, plus the dog is suffering and you are extendng your suffering also. There are times when it is better and more humane to put an animal down.

This is another reason to live in a larger city where there are more choices for everything, you don't have to put up with bad service.

I am telling you like I see it; thanks for all the good replies.

10. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62