Dumaguete Info Search

Question Classifieds Personal Ad

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by moveingon, Jun 26, 2016.

1. moveingon

moveingon DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2
    Wrye83
    Can someone please give me directions on how to post a personal item on the site for sale.

I have tried emailing the admin. but no reply.

When i go to the add section at the bottom of the page it says Not authorized to enter this site or something like that.

Also i can not find a post ad button.

Am i missing something?

Edited by a moderator to include wrye (Dustin) so he will be aware.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Dustin (Wrye83) deals with Advertising so I have Included him in your post so that he will pick up the post OK?

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The error message is "You have insufficient privileges to post here" and asking how to post in the classifieds section has been questioned several times on the forum. Nobody should be seeing the message in the personal items section any more.

Everyone seems to be missing this button:
    Screenshot (532).png
    (You can click on the button above and it will work.)

It is placed at the top of the page just left of the breadcrumb where the "Post New Thread" is normally located:
    Screenshot (520).png
    (The text in that button will be changing to match the one at the bottom of the page located. Getting pretty pissed off with trying to find out how that button is being placed on the page.)

If the top button is pressed you will be asked to select a category (Note: The pre-selected option will be correct) and then taken to the page to create a listing.

Creating a listing is very similar to starting a thread. Here's and example:
    Screenshot (523).png

Once created the Showcase item and thread will be submitted for approval by a moderator and then made public.

Sorry about that, my phone stopped getting emails from my support email. That problem has been resolved. FYI, the forum does have a private messaging system.....the button to send someone a message is directly under each user's avatar. There is also a members tabs at the top of each page that will take you to a page where staff members can be found to send a message. If you have FB account the main forum page has a contract for sending me a message directly through Facebook.

Anyway, sorry about the late reply to this issue. The link above should take you where you need to go. If you have any more issues let me know here or and me a pm.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just clicked the link here and all I get is an error page also https://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/attachments/12803/
    A couple of days ago I tried finding a thread you had started a while ago so I tried finding it through your profile,I get the same error page come up doing this also.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I edited the post to upload a different pictture for the right as you were posting. It should be good.
    Maybe a merged or deleted thread? Not really sure what it could be unless you knew the thread/post link.

6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I don't have anything to create a showcase for but since I have seen several members with issues I clicked the link and did everything except post one. Seems to work fine to that point except the properties for sale, properties for rent, and autos for sale categories were not selectable. How are these categories selected? I didn't see any info as to the reason they were not selectable or what to do about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    moveingon

moveingon DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2
    Thanks for your help .

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016