Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor Closet

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by cabb, May 2, 2016.

1. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Hi. See attached photo. I'd like to install a closet like this in a couple of rooms. Not sure if it's best to pay a craftsman or just buy in a store. Any recommendations on where to buy or a person who can build them? Thoughts. Thanks.

20160211_165913.jpg

2. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Call Conver Olasiman 0927 643-5459 for building your own. Quality work, honest, and dependable.

Also hopefully that safe is bolted to a cement wall with all 4 bolts.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Thanks!
    The picture is from a hotel. The safe didn't even work. I think it needed new batteries. What do you expect for a 2 star hotel? Haha

4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Just keep them hanging on your clothes line outside. If you need more clothes line, have your GF or wife install.

Better yet, just throw them in a pile somewhere in the house and make sure you always have like 2+ days stubble. The stubble goes well with wrinkled shirts. This is the Philippines. Relax.

I have lived in lots of different houses / apartments. I don't think I have ever seen a closet here. I'm not sure a builder would get the concept. You would probably end up with another CR or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wildcat

Wildcat DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +90 / 4
    I had 1 built by a local carpenter. Cost me p28,000. I feel like a fool now for paying that much but I did and so i must live with that. But i had it built so it takes up an entire wall and floor to ceiling plus has a drawer and space for my wife to primp herself and also has a large mirror. He did a terrible job. For that price I expected near perfection. he also put in 2 new exterior doors made of mahogany. the front door is just ok, nothing spectacular and the rear door is a disaster. Warped so bad that there are cracks all around and doesn't close correctly. I attempted to get him to replace it but instead took it back to his shop, sanded the high corners so it was supposed to fit better, screwed up the finish on it, reinstalled and said "there, that is better". He had a representative of the Barangay with him and you know the foreigner is always in the wrong. I paid him just to get rid of him and lived with it. I will get the door replaced if I can find a more respectable and sensible carpenter. But it is hard to trust anyone here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We had a similar issue,we ordered a Tripple closet and tv unit in mahogany,the tv unit was not too bad but the closet wood started splitting after a couple of months due to the wood not being dry and it was in an aircon room. We told the guy we wanted it replaced of fixed properly,he came and took it away and it came back with wood filler and then he started demanding a payment for fixing it :smile: he was removed from the property never to be seen again!

• Like Like x 2
  7. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    There is not a wood drying kiln on this island (or probably in this country). Even wood left to dry for 2 years will absorb moisture and twist and rot in a short time. Best to try and find something at the furniture place in the malls or if you need something custom made have your carpenter (and you) go to TIMBER FARM, Banilad. They sell imported wood that has been kiln dried and certified bug free from other Asian countries...

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
    this is the furniture we had built it is all hand made of solid mahogany and weighs a ton built by Security Check Required in Cebu. wardrobe cost 33K bed 9K nightstands 3K each all great quality ... Wife still refuses to take the plastic off the handles lol on anothe not anyone know where to find good quality leather couches?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Mandaue foam had some pretty nice leather couches and were comfortable,not sure about the quality of the leather though!

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    We Got ours from Y. Mateo. (Their Furniture shop) Just down a way back towards Dunkin Douts from the main Corner Premises. A Bit expensive but they have some good stuff. :wink:

• Informative Informative x 1