Dumaguete Info Search

Comical Non smoking lobbist found in Dumaguete Public Market bar

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jesusitshot, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Today for the first time whilst smoking in an open area, where many others have smoked a cigarette or two outside a local public market watering hole. A very drunk American citizen told me off for smoking. Now lets look at this situation in some depth the very beer shop it self sells cigarettes and many local Filipino stop off to buy a stick or two and a drink of beer.

I myself always try to keep non smokers in mind, I do not normal smoke in their company unless they say its alright to. Even in my own house and the property it stands on. I also know that people that have given up smoking are mostly the ones that more and likely to complain. I always obey no smoking signs and know that I am addicted to a very bad habit.

Once however I was addicted to alcohol and when I realized to late in life that the stuff made me look like an idiot some times. But I never drunk and drove and I was still wary not to upset non smokers especially my friends. But the irony of this stupid American is that would final end his drinking session and then driving home on his motor cycle. Whilst drunk he was flirting with under age girls and to me I am sure that’s where this guy gets his kicks.

However there I was minding my own business drinking a coke and smoking a cigarette in a place outside in the open and not inside the establishment where this guy was sitting and having his own sense of fun. Then he comes and picks on me of course the Filipino’s thought he was crazy as I did.

Look if this guys part of the no smoking lobby he really should stay away from places that its legal and people smoke and complain rightfully in and area people are not allowed or asked not to smoke. That is if he wishes to look sensible and sane.

Actually I mean to pack up the habit as I think it is effecting my health but guy like this stupid arrogant drunken American of whom I think was just out to pick a fight with a quiet sober old Englishman that looked like he would not say boo to a goose. However I looked in the guy’s eyes and told him he was drunk and made sure the Filipino’s realized that guy is and was acting like a stupid arrogant drunken sot of whom most probably was suffering from the lack of nicotine I expect he packed up smoking on New years eve. Lol

Oh it’s defiantly the ex-smokers that are the worst complainers and when drunk sometimes they make complete fools of themselves, fancy complaining in a smokers haven.

Still I see the amusement afterword's and a few Filipino’s stated to me the guy was mad. They found the whole episode amusing.

I had to write about this to bring attention to ex-pats and how they look when they get stupidly drunk we are ambassadors to our homeland, in this case most Americans behave quiet sensibly and this is the first time that one as brought me into an argument of such a stupid nature making himself look like a fool.

2. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    disgusting habit, an if they ever go up to the same price as the UK, i'll be sure to give up, erm or look for a country where there still low cost! lol

i agree with the american, go to a place where smoking isn't allowed!!! america!!! get the hint?

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I think this smokers and drinkers are totally annoying. That in a combination with a motorbike and loud music makes me throwing up... the worst thing is, they always have the hottest chicks too...

they just should be banned from everywhere

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    say no to booze lol

5. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sinners bad people

6. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i also experienced this to some filipino (drunk and smoking), I just don't have problem with them (they look funny)as long as they don't become agressive same with foreighner.But what really makes me to vomit when a grandpa (foreighner) drunk and flirting with the underage girls.

7. OP
    OP
    jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes and of course smoking underwater is not what diving is all about. lol However this guy was not a diver just a guy that goes to a cheap Public Market dive with smoking on the menu and then picks on a guy eying the chicks through the bottom of a coke bottle sober and just smoking drugs that can be bought and allowed to be smoked on the premises. Of course he had already scared away the owners 15 year old daughter asking her to be his girl friend.

Now I know why I should drink my coke on the boulevard as all the crazy mixed up american non smoking drunks are disturbing innocent nicotine drug addicts in the down trodden fish smelling market place bars. lol

What next accosted at Mac Donald's for drinking coffee (ah sweet caffine....) lol

8. OP
    OP
    jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just thinking about this guy, if he asked me politely to be careful of my smoke I would of put the cigarette out but no the guy was d*mn rude. Next time I see him there I will ask him to stop drinking beer as it offends me as an ex alcoholic myself.

That actual amusing as when I stopped drinking I had many friends actually asked if I minded them drinking of course the answer was no as long as I am not paying. lol

9. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    What do you expect from foreigners who hang out at the market. Next time just tell robert to F.O.

10. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    What a hoot!

The best fun here is to notice the targeted advertising which accompanies this particular piece. Quite topical! Better than some of the posts,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.