Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa compassionate visa extension

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by danbandanna, Mar 4, 2022.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    anyone applied for this yet ? 3 yr visa ends on April 13 and I will not fly anywhere if I don't have to... 25k for 4 months all in ? thoughts ?

2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Sounds very expressive.
    My thoughts are; once you see a steady flow of tourists coming and going you should leave and restart the 3 year cycle.
    If you have a disability that prevents you from traveling there may be some special allowance for you. It might be worthwhile visiting the BI to enquire.

3. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Aware of the cycle, been here 6 yrs and do not want to fly as the only opening is Singapore, all it would take is a false positive to ruin my day.... but thanks for your input

4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Two thoughts Dan:
    1. it's not 25k all-in, it's 25 k on top of the regular extension fees (for a 4 months "regular" extension beyond 3 years).
    2. I just got a reply on my request for a "compassionate" extension (not the same as the "regular option" to extend beyond 3 years); it was granted but only saves me 10k, so am still paying 15k + extension fees (see also this thread)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How many months did they give you? I see it now, 4 months, thank you, I'm in the same process, I think it will be a lot easier to travel in June/July than it is now

6. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    4 months. That should be long enough though, am planning to travel to Europe end of May for a vacation / family visit.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks Dutchie, glad you got "good" news ... I am going to avail of the 4 month as to fly to anywhere now will be as much and risky to boot... I will then plan a trip to Iloilo where you can file 13a and they will process it all there including the ARC card... so hopefully 4 months will be enough, my own fault as I am building and lost track of time...