Dumaguete Info Search

Compost material

Discussion in 'Horticulture' started by ShawnM, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Just an idea for folks looking at stuff for composting; my wife normally shops at the same stall or 2 for vegies in the market so she has some relationships developed. She has been getting the vegie scraps from them and it has cost nothing. I guess a couple times a day a truck comes by to collect their "trash", not sure where they are taking it (I will try and find out as I am interested).

We've been getting a bag every few days, the 50 kilo style bags (not 50 kilo of waste). Granted you have to pull out plastic and garbage that gets tossed in, but a good way to get some vegie waste.

It is more than what we get from our normal scraps from cooking so a good option in my opinion to get some compost going. I've gotten our veggie garden going with the cow and goat dung, but am looking at using the vegie composting going for the future trees and flower beds. Not too far from landscaping, so need a good soil base.

Shawn