Dumaguete Info Search

Conterfeit drug?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by george, Nov 2, 2014.

1. george

george DI Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 3
    I have been using a particular drug for decades. I have bought the same med under different brand names with never a problem. When I bought the similar/generic drug last time it was produced by a different manufacturer than I have tried before. Whoa!! It was like taking pure caffeine. Made me all nervous and jittery. So, I went to the website of the FDA of the Philippines to see what I might find. They have a list of approved drugs and manufacturers there, but the one I had bought was not on the list. I tried to send the FDA an email. Of course, the email shown was not valid. On Monday I'll try calling them on their drug regulation hot line. Any bets that the phone number is no good, either?

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Did they provide a cell number or a land line?

3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    By Law once the patent is lifted from a particular Drug it gives the okay to other Drug makers to be able to copy the formula to produce a generic Drug, and by Law they cannot deviate from the original recipe, so the generic Drug should by all rights produce exactly the same effect as the original. Did you buy from a reputable Seller or did you buy from an online source?

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A "reputable seller"? Is there such a thing in the Philippines? Is there a single lab in the country that is capable of testing these pills contain the drugs that they are supposed (or not supposed) to have in them? The PI government is incapable of enforcing a simple smoke test on a vehicle. I can't see them being capable of performing advanced chemistry tests.....and then enforcing large corporations, with tons of money (to bribe poorly paid government officials), to obey the law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hmmm makes me want to get off of these Prescription Drugs even quicker, now; what is a quick way of losing around 6 to 8 stone pronto without the Delhi Belly symptoms? :confused:

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol Desoxyn

Reviews for the prescription weight loss drug found here. Gets a 10 out of 10 in the reviews there.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    AKA Shabu

8. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I find the best medication for weight loss is to go to one of the eating places or street vendors which have given me a bad food experience previously (diarrhea) . Usually weight loss occurs after just one meal. This solution also works if you have constipation. I find one particular food vendor in town can relieve my symptoms of overweight and constipation after just one visit. Weekly visits keep me "Clean" while maintaining a good healthy weight at the same time. Since others do not seem to experience the same positive results at my "health food restaurant", you may have to find your own "healthy" restaurant around town.

• Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No, shabu is a street drug that is impossible to know what is really in it and is not manufactured in a controlled lab setting. Desoxyn is a presciption drug made by a pharmaceutical companies and prescriptions are given by doctors.....and it DOES work for weight loss and ADHD. I was not suggesting he went out and buy a street drug.

Taking MEDICAL doses prescribed by a doctor is NOT the same as taking abusive doses that get you high. Desoxyn is less addictive and dangerous than the opiate pain medications that many are prescribed by doctors.

If you can't see the difference then I don't know what to tell you:

Legal: [​IMG]
    Illegal: [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  10. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I do have ADHD and I do take Dexamphetamine for it, but as far as I know I will need to stop taking it as I do not think it was available there by the Pharmacy who looked over my list of Medicines and gave the prices to asawa. Desoxyn looks like it has good results by the reviews especially for the Anxiety part for me. I did try Duromine many many years ago and it messed with me that bad it made me mega suicidal! I have NEVER felt that bad before in my entire life! :(

The Dex is the main Med I need to find an alternative for when I get there as the rest are available over the counter, one, tablet, at, a, time... I HOPE I can buy by the Box and have it count as some type of bulk buy deal with a discount... :confused: