Dumaguete Info Search

Continous brownouts

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by DavyL200, Oct 15, 2018.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Whats wrong with this company atm! It never ends.
    A few weeks ago on the sunday brownout it was late back on then they couldnt keep it on,then the next day 3 more brown outs.
    Then over the last 24hrs we have had 4 more,every time it rains its off,slightest breeze its off.
    Now sort of off again,will run a light bulb but thats it. Never an apology or explanation. But still the high charges

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Really good for burning appliances out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  3. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    That is for sure and it will burn out a voltage regulator too. I have lost a frig., micro wave, voltage regulator and a 54,000 peso TV along with other smaller items. Two TV repair shops said it was DOA and not repairable. :hungover::rage::woot::banghead2::hmmm::machinegun2: On my transfer switch box cover I marked it GEN. and Brown out. When NORECO II service man was here he ask why I marked it that way. I said with a strait face, that Brown-out was "NORECO II family name. :victory: He said "I don't thing that was funny". I said "it was not intended to be funny". :superman: Get use to it Dave. I been here 8+ years and the only improvement was with a 200,000 peso up grade a 2500 KVA transformer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nothing will happen until their is a lawsuit against NORECO or a law that states they are responsible for damaged equipment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Thats no 5! Incompetance at its finest form.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I really don't think that will ever :banghead2: happen in our life time. :deadhorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Nothing will ever change unless done so by old fashioned justice in this country for things like that. Laws won't change to benefit the people at the expense of the rich and powerful who are connected and a lawsuit won't go anywhere either for same reason.

8. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    What it needs are laws to stop monopolys like this lot.competition is good for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Look at Japan. Had two atomic bombs dropped on it, was on the losing side of WWII, the Philippines was on the winning side. Yet Japan can power their country, barring natural disasters. Same with South Korea, devastated in the early 50's, left in ruins, take a look at it now.

If it weren't for the stubbornness of the Filipino and the to an extent greed, you would think they would have asked decades ago a country like Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia or New Zealand to come in and establish a working reliable energy system. Those countries don't seem to have these problems.

But, if you think about it, this for me has always been the way here since I first came here in the mid 70's. Who in their right mind allows trees to be planted anywhere near power lines or who looks around sees the trees and decides this will be a good spot to site the power poles?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There is one of noreco steel posts in the way of the new link rd,its been sat there in the hole for months waiting for noreco to move it. My question is why wasnt it moved when we had the long brownout a few weeks ago instead turning the power off here for another 3.5hrs today? More incompetance or is there a reason?

• Funny Funny x 1