Dumaguete Info Search

Copper Thieves

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by carl, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Within the last couple of weeks the copper thieves have visited our neighborhood , bless their little hearts , to receive their early Christmas present I suppose . They are very good . In the deep of night they visit the homes of choice and steal the electrical wire from the transformer to the selected homes' electric meter only to leave our home completely without power . Not a bad little business I guess . I suppose I will have to take the necessary action to keep ahead of the blessed thieves and have my main electric feed put underground . Hopefully they aren't half human thieves and half gofer thieves . Anyway Merry Christmas to those that helped themselves to the copper and Merry Christmas to all . Keep a keen eye out for the copper capers everyone . Happy Holidays to all , ....... Carl

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Before the meter it is the wire of Noreco, so Noreco is the one to replace it, if this is free that is another question.

3. Masculado

Masculado DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Speaking about wire thieves our electrical wire was stolen yesterday we thought it was a black out but when noreco went to our house they discovered the wire was cut around 14 meters. we spent around P1,000 plus to buy no. 8 electrical wire.

4. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Some things are "international" I guess. Copper thiefts have been in the US for about 10 years now. They steal mostly the air-con outside unit.
    And I noticed on Yahoo News Yesterday that now the thieves are stealing the lead roofs from churches in Europe and using Google Earth to find their targets, because the price of lead has gone up.

5. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    It's true Ron. It was previously an occassional problem in Britain, now it's an epidemic. The problem seems to come from organised Eastern European gangs who target specific churches and use their children to climb on to the church roofs and strip the lead. These unscrupulous people are modern day Fagins, and the damage they cause is incalculable as some of the churches are more than 800 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.