Dumaguete Info Search

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the Philippines

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by SpringYellow, Oct 15, 2020.

1. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.

On 30 January 2020, the Philippine Department of Health reported the first case of COVID-19 in the country with a 38-year-old female Chinese national. On 7 March, the first local transmission of COVID-19 was confirmed. WHO is working closely with the Department of Health in responding to the COVID-19 outbreak.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Not really new findings or news.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if i am reading it correctly, the philippine red cross has stopped covid testing. it has performed i think i read about one third of the tests done in the philippines.. philhealth has not paid red cross around 930 million pesos for the work done so far so the red cross has suspended further testing

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We have something going on right here in Dumaguete and some other areas. The Hall of Justice was closed for disinfecting, along with the Capitol and now NORSU. Many families have been quarantined. It appears that one person went to Manila and returned without going through protocols, and this is the result.

No one is saying openly who that person is, but tongues are wagging. Unfortunately, unless the truth is told, the wagging tongues will win. This should get interesting.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    The name is all over the radio.. he was an "Authorized Person Outside of Residence" That is the sad part, just because someone has a position they don't need to go through the protocols, now how many are sick and inconvenienced because of a stupid rule that was made up by the wealthy and powerful..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Why would you want to know the name of the person? Saw a post a few minutes ago on another forum referring to people by number as to who have been exposed and they seem to range around Bantayan and some other suburbs. Just follow the normal procedures. Social distance, wear a mask and be careful who you get into contact with. This is not over yet by a long mark. The rest of the world is currently experiencing an explosion in cases and calling it the second wave and until we get a proper vaccine it will just continue until we reach the stage of herd immunity and even that is in doubt because at the present time there seems to be evidence of people catching this thing more than once. Also herd immunity will only be seen when we reach something like 70% infected rate and for that to be reached that means many more millions dead and a very much more totally overloaded medical system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    I would want to know their name in case the Stupid SOB's had been around me or my family.

There is another potential outcome. The wagging tongue could end up dead like any of the 3 radio personalities that have been killed in the last 2 years. One of the VIP's held a press conference to let everyone know he was negative and that turns out to be a lie. Ba$tard.

There were 3 VIP's that came to Dumaguete on a private plan on October 3. It seems they didn't want a cotton swab stuffed up there nose so they didn't. All 3 are positive for covid19 after mone of them started to show symptoms. As I understand the protocol they should have been tested and self quarantined until the test results were known (not 100% sure this is a fact). These jokers were obviously in a sharing mod for a change and have passed the virus on to at least 2 helpers.

I 'm unimpressed to understate the situation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    It does drive a coach and horses through all the positive messages being sent out about how well the incomers to the province are being managed. I'm scratching my head as to how both the individuals concerned and the authorities can be so stupid so as to put the whole provincial economy at further risk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

RHIP

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Never underestimate the level of entitlement many of these types have. They get to pick and choose which rules they should follow.

• Agree Agree x 7