Dumaguete Info Search

COVID tests for home delivery

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Rye83, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would like to order some home test kits. Are there suppliers that deliver? Been feeling like crap the past few days but there is absolutely no chance I'm going to a test center to risk quarantine in a government facility of local hotel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 1,089
    I was also thinking about home test kits. But then I realized I only had to cough in some ones face and see if they have Covid after 14 days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I ordered a set of 5 test kits from Lazada (the only ones I could find), but not yet delivered. Price is reasonable at 799 Php excluding shipping.
    upload_2022-1-19_20-28-46.png
    The description on Lazada isn't quite clear, but I found the exact same set (from same producer in China) on a German wholesale webshop with a better description and a list of approvals for the product.
    In short, I think it is a legit product.
    The RITM institute in the Philippines (part of DOH) has just finished a report on rapid antigen tests, but the FDA (Philippines) has yet to take any action on that, so don't expect stuff to be available in local pharmacies anytime soon.

• Informative Informative x 4
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  4. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +293 / 17
    Since I agree 100% about the test center this is just to create a discission.
    If you get the home test
    And it shows possitive
    Then what?

I don't know your daily routine, if you have a company to run or a need to go to town and talk to people daily. I assume most of us are retired and just work around the house and property...so.....
    For the group- how would knowing change your what you do over the next 5 days?

5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well, obviously not knowing you're infected while you are is the worst (because of the danger to others).
    That can hardly be avoided though as long as you are free of symptoms.
    If you do know you're infected, either through a RAT (rapid antigen test) or a PCR test then the obvious thing to do is quarantine (with your entire household), even if you are symptom free or feeling just a bit under the weather.
    Whether that represents a change of behaviour depends on the individual and his circumstances.
    At the very least one should arrange for groceries to be delivered rather than a household member getting them.
    As far as hesitancy to get a PCR test and face possible quarantine in a public facility is concerned, I very much share that hesitancy, so would much prefer to quarantine at home instead if the situation would warrant that.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    The lateral flow test showed negative a few times before my wife, feeling really ill was given a PCR test which she was told was positive.
    I picked her up from the local A&E unit and we both isolated for 10 days, expecting that I might get the virus too. She is now feeling much better and has been advised to abstain from returning to work for another week.
    I have managed to avoid getting the virus so far and now able to go out and about again. Thankfully we had friends drop food and shopping off on the doorstep for which we were grateful.
    I think Icould get use to this monastic life, with full control of the TV remote!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    The provincial government has issued a long list of accredited antigen test kits, but cannot find any for sale in Dumaguete.

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I found a doctor's office on FB that does home testing but they said they are required to report all names and test results to DOH...so not going to do that.

9. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I know maybe over 20 people (family and friends) who have been sick in the past couple weeks. I was just sick myself last week. After dinner I was not feeling well, had a headache and body aches and slight fever. Took paracetamol and went to bed early. Next day couldn't get out of bed until almost noon. But, by the next day I was starting to feel better, and then it went away. My wife went through the same course, as did everybody else I know who was sick. Everybody says this is a mild 48 hour flu bug that is going around. But, I wonder, if you're fully vaccinated (everybody I know is), and are exposed to omicron, maybe this is how it goes. I didn't go get tested, nobody I know went to get tested. Like Rye is thinking now that he should get tested, by the time you start thinking that you should get tested, you start feeling better and so don't bother (I hope that's how it goes for you Rye!).

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +247 / 138