Dumaguete Info Search

CPP-NPA terrorists captured in Negros Island

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Ozguy17, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ozguy17

Ozguy17 Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    Six CPP-NPA-Terrorists Captured in Negros Island

Tanjay City,Negros Oriental – The 62nd Infantry (Unifier) Battalion, 3rd Infantry (Spearhead) Division, Philippine Army cracked down a fully armed NPA Terrorists in Brgy Luyang, Mabinay, Negros Oriental early this morning at about 2 O’clock in the morning, March 03, 2018.

Several reports from the civilians in the hinterland of Mabinay and Manjuyod who have long been complaining on the harassment and extortion of the CPP-NPA-Terrorists has reached the knowledge of LTC DARRELL R. BAÑEZ, Commanding Officer of 62IB and, in coordination with the PNP, immediately deployed his troops to conduct community security patrol in the area.

While on security patrol at Sitio Tumonon of Brgy Luyang, more or less 20 armed men believed to be NPA Terrorists fired on the security forces which prompted the troops to retaliate. Firefight ensued for about 45 minutes that led to the capture of six NPA Terrorist fighters including one amazon who is a Mass Communication student of University of the Philippines - Cebu.

Recovered from the captured NPA Terrorists were six high powered firearms as follows: one M16A1, one M16A1 attached with M203 Grenade launcher, two M4 Rifles, one VLTOR (M16), one AG 43 (M16), rifle grenades, explosives, other war fighting materials, food stuffs and subversive documents.

Prior to the encounter, troops who are conducting peace security patrol have discovered enemy encampments at Brgy Samac of Mabinay and Brgy Panciao, Manjuyod, all of Negros Oriental. A week ago, the CPP-NPA Terrorists have burned a Tractor in La Castellana and a Sugarcane Truck Hauler in Canlaon City.

303rd Brigade Commander Brigadier General LOSAÑES said, "it is a clear manifestation that the people themselves are tired of these armed NPA Terrorists conducting extortion, harassment and recruitment of minors as terrorists. Furthermore, despite the encounter, the capture of the six Communist Terrorists who were unharmed clearly shows the troops’ adherence to the principles of Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law and Rule of Law with its primacy of preserving human lives. With our continuous combat operation against the communist terrorists, we encourage the CPP-NPA Terrorists to lay down their arms, return to the folds of the law and avail the Government’s Comprehensive Local Integration Program and live a normal and peaceful life".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Huh?

3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Other term for a fighting female.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :meh: I guess that's one way of saying "their aim is sh*t". I don't believe for a second that their goal was to shoot to miss.

When you have around 30-40 people with M16s and M203 grenade launchers shooting at each other and not a single person ends up dead....well, both sides need more training. No wonder it took the Army so long to take control of the incidents in Bohol and Mindanao. It is extremely easy to put rounds on target with an M203. Landing a couple rounds in the middle of a military patrol shouldn't have been all that difficult for the NPA. Idiots with guns, the whole lot of them.

So where did the, more or less, 14 others go?

They are making up their own English.

Side note: what was it that Duterte said he wanted to do to female fighters? "Grab them by the p*ssy"? No wait...that was Trump. Oh yeah, "Shoot them in the p*ssy". So concerned with human rights their leadership is.

• Like Like x 2
  5. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Haha, I love it. Amazon = fighting female. Like those old time movies of skimpily clad hot white chicks fighting with spears in the jungle. Haha. Great metaphor.

6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Personally I doubt a Filipina in stature alone would never be classed as an Amazon, but sure, in attitude, every bit of the description of an "Amazon" would apply when pissed off! :biggrin: hehe

In Greek mythology, the Amazons (Greek: Ἀμαζόνες, Amazónes, singular Ἀμαζών, Amazōn) were a tribe of women warriors related to Scythians and Sarmatians. Apollonius Rhodius, at Argonautica, mentions that Amazons were the daughters of Ares and Harmonia (a nymph of the Akmonian Wood). They were brutal and aggressive, and their main concern in life was war.

Amazons - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 2
  7. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    And actually, a fair amount of B-grade American "chicks in the jungle" action movies WERE filmed in the Philippines.
    The Wild East: When the Philippines Was American Cinema's Final Frontier
    This is a short clip from a documentary that was made on the subject "Machete Maidens Unleashed" (contains some brief nudity):

8. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Oh wow! Great B material!

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good lord. And people say kids today have short attention spans? I don't think there was a clip in that longer than 2 seconds. That made me dizzy and confused. :o o:

10. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    Are you sure it was the clips that made you dizzy and confused?

• Funny Funny x 2