Dumaguete Info Search

Crackdown on motorists in dumaguete and surrounding areas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, May 22, 2017.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It seems like the hpg have got 3 new cars a pickup and several new bikes now,looks like there is going to be a crackdown on licences,helmets,papers etc.
    Also looks like they are having a crackdown on child saftey on bikes also as the new law came out today,all children are required to be able to put feet on rear pegs and reach around the rider to hold on.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Looks like a crackdown on something... Could be enforcement time... or it could be lunch time...

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well it was going to happen sooner or later, :sneaky: Dumaguete has got off Lightly over the years, let's hope they are getting the right ones & not just picking and choosing a target that suits them :stop:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Looks like they are getting harsh with the fines now also,p5000 per light,mirrors,registration or licence. Like jp mentioned its about time as dumaguete has ignored this growing situation for too long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Really, that is Heavy but I guess they would just hand over a Bike that is not worth anywhere near the amount of fines levied but They/We were all warned so no one else to Blame EH?
    My local Sori Sori store owners Brother was caught at a Checkpoint at Hypermart this Morning for no Temp Plate even after I told him about things AH! it's OK I will sort it, Nope Mate, they Got you,
    When I saw him at Lunchtime he would not tell me the Cited Fine but looked over all the Paperwork I have that he needs to get for Authorization, to Drive his new car Guess where he is this Afternoon? :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I was a bit out with the fines,its p10,000 for registration and licence.
    They will learn quickly here im sure as word travels fast. Alot of the bikes are just junk anyway and should not even be on the road.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I thought that was High but seems it is the New fine so Davy, while I write, I have Linked the LTO Violation and Fine Page so all can see that it seems we are going to get hit always round so best we all know what could happen if we choose to go down the wrong road and not do as the Book says.
    Latest List of Traffic Violation, Penalties and Fees of LTO-Philippines

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Let's see if they enforce longer than 2 weeks this time.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Seems LTO Fined him 800 for late Registration (although that is really the Dealers Job) 300 for not Displaying the designated Temp Plate and 500 for Driving without New Vehicle Authorisation. and a Slap on the wrist that next time 10.000 fine Toyota will be getting a Fine also for failing to properly Register the Car in the Time frame. Luck Guy this time.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1