Dumaguete Info Search

Embassy Info CRBA - DNA Testing

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by danbandanna, Apr 16, 2018.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wanted to inquire of those who have filed for US citizenship for your child ..how many of you were required to have a DNA test because of age Gap ?

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Age difference does not matter. If the child is illegitimate then they are more likely (but not required) to do a DNA test.

3. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well went there today with birth,marriage and hospital and prenatal and was told that with my age Gap that I needed a DNA test to get my son's citizenship

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Some will argue whatever

5. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My complaint is that they could have informed me before I flew to Manila since I submitted all the paperwork 2 weeks earlier..

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My gf just went through the CRBA process with an illegitimate child with a 50+ year age difference from the (POS) father and no DNA test was required. He (Marvin "Jake" Butson, who is nearly 80 years old) even got her pregnant while she was a minor....and while he was married to another Filipina.

I know for a fact that the DNA test was not required.....because I didn't pay for it and because the kid now has his US passport. The broke-@ss, POS, minor-f*cking father still owes me money for paying for the entire process.

Who gave you that information? The US Embassy or some clueless Filipino doctor/nurse/government employee?

7. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The consul officer who interviewed my wife and I...

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It takes months. Be prepared for several trips to manila and 10's of 1000's of pesos of expenses.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's ridiculous if you are married.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    M
    Agreed feel like my Embassy is calling me a liar...