Dumaguete Info Search

Crimes against women in the Philippines - http://www.bwsc.dole.gov.ph/bwscweb/...ome

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by brian ausie, Feb 2, 2012.

1. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    As many of you already know I spent time in jail because of this ACT, for those who haven't seen the reticules ACT here is the link, ACT 5 is the one that had me arrested - not providing financial support & verbal abuse, which I might add were all fake charges. http://www.bwsc.dole.gov.ph/bwscweb/...omen act.pdf

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    The link didn't work for me Brian but that's ok...got the drift previously anyway from your earlier post. Things certainly have changed.....I can't complain, did well and have had many happy years. But honestly, if I had to do it again now with a woman I didn't know very well - I'd just get hitched in the Philippines - and then move us to Vietnam and rent there. The correct paradigm is preserved.

3. OP
    OP
    brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
  4. OP
    OP
    brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2

5. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sure hope that you didn't go back to the woman that put you in jail. May I ask what was the out come of your situation? Did they make you pay large fines or try to deport you?

6. OP
    OP
    brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    I am out on Bail of p120,000 my hearing if not canceled will be heard in March 2012 so outcome don't know yet.

7. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know a good lawyer in Dumaguete city and her name is Colet Aranas Campanalle. She is a filipina American and I'm sure she can help you out. She will work with you on making payment arrangements. Her cell phone number is 919-694-7236 please tell her that Steve her brother in law gave the number to you. I would never walk into any hearing without a lawyer. I wanted to ask you is this your wife or girlfriend doing this? I can tell that this woman didn't think this out very clearly. If you are found guilty and get deported she gets nothing even if the court awards her money. I honestly think you need to get a lawyer to be there to represent you because they will try to determine if there is enough evidence in this hearing for it to be a court case. A good lawyer might be able to make reasonable doubt in this hearing so it does not go any further. Don't go alone at this friend no matter which lawyer you decide to use. Another thing, if there is not enough evidence, your lawyer can file charges against the woman for false arrest. I hope this helps.

8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    The bad part is the law doesn't seem to read as it would take any real evidence. Generally speaking it seems to be an anti male law likely designed at foreigners specifically.

Far as an ex goes they make no sense. You can try and think logically and they do the exact opposite. Like my ex assumes I will eventually stop paying child support and that it will likely happen soon. Other women when emotional would think the same way. If he is found guilty she cleans up as he will be ordered to pay damages to her, if they are still legally married but seperated after he gets out of blacklisted and deported she could lay claim on any possessions he wasn't able to sell out fast.

I showed my GF this law last night to explain to her why I have to play nice to my ex and she was shocked and called it a corrupt piece of crap that she thought was aimed at just screwing foreigners who actually do follow the law as all the real bad stuff in it is covered in other laws.

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I have heard many times and maybe Larry or someone can verify, that if you are on a 13a visa (married to a filipina) and if your wife gets ugly she has the power to invoke your visa and you get deported . Can she do that?
    (note: I am not on a 13a visa, just curious how it might relate to this thread.)

10. Torilian

Torilian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Any Alien can be deported regardless of Visa Status..... 3 good rules are.....Be Honest, Be Respectfull to Filipinos and stay COOL. Finally, live by the Laws in Philippines. Just be a GOOD BOY and you will be OK!
    When follow the 3 rules above AND it doesn't work out for you because your married the wrong woman, please legally separate and apply for an anullment. But remember one thing, regardless of your situation always act like a Gentleman and try to avoid to make an @ss out of your self. The old name was BUREAU of IMMIGRATION and DEPORTATION and many foreigners have met both. A filipino have more power and rights that you ever will have in the Philippines where you are only a guest and as a guest only regardless of living here 1 month or 25 years.
    IT IS SO NICE TO BE VERY NICE.......try it, it may work out well for you! GOOD LUCK and ENJOY YOUR STAY in the PHILIPPINES.

The Filipino is worth dying for. Ninoy Aquino