Dumaguete Info Search

Customer Service in Callcenter - Or ...

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Why I'd rather be punched in the testicles than call Customer Service !!!

As I just finished calling a customer service of a well known local internet provider and as it seems that Callcenter are the golden future of Dumaguete City, I recalled a comic from "The Oatmeal.com" which is a mirror image of the experience everybody of us probably had, when needed the customer service of a callcenter here in Dumaguete or anywhere else in the world...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

actually I am sure our local Callcenter here in Dumaguete are totally different to the example above...

cheers

Rhoody

2. butitor

butitor DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    Thats funny mate. I used to be a CSR, I rather be punched in the testicles than answering dumb calls every minute non-stop for 8 hours.

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / -0
    Good one Rhoody and very accurate too!

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    The sadder part is that there is actualy someone out there who convinces perfectly good company's that they will save money by outsourcing their call center work and gets a good commission for that. I can't wait to finally meet that person, he owes me at least a case or I'll make him relive my help desk drama.

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Pedro, I had exactly your experience 10 years back in Germany, when a German company had their "hotline" outsourced to East Europe (I guess somebody there had a modem and German Sheppard, what obviously was enough to qualify with required technical requirement and language-skills).

My call yesterday was to a nice "call-center-agent" with a faked, hard to understand english slang mixed with tagalog and 2000 sorry po, wait for a while.

Not that I blame our Dumaguetenios/as to go for this kind of job, but as a customer I am on your side, why International Companies wanna annoy their clients to the maximum, just to save some bucks ...

6. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    I worked 15 years at the Service Department of a big global company.
    It was our strong believe and conviction that a GOOD customer contact, even when the customer had serious complaints, could turn into even more sales to those 'complainers'.
    There were several investigations (inquiries) made to prove that that assumption was correct: If you help a customer quick, friendly and polite and ask him to let you know if anything will get wrong again, he is in most cases willing to stay with you for his brand and product choises.
    If not treated well .......like by a non-motivated employee of a Call Center, it will likely not only get him angry on the Call Centre (he even does not know them !) but will ruin his willingness to buy any more of YOUR products.
    By the way...in that investigation (repeatedly done in Europe !!) it was funny that the cost for the provided service (i.c.o. a repair out of warranty) never showed to be the most important factor to the customer.
    It was in this order: Speed of corrective action, quality of provided service, friendliness, cost of service/repair.
    I indeed can't understand why Call Centres are so popular. It must be the lack of knowledge of the REAL effect on the long term.
    Often (newly appointed) managers have GREAT ideas to reduce costs :rolleyes:
    But sure..... some things can be delegated to others (outsourcing) but imho NOT the service to your valid customers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    quick and politeness

You have the very important points Jelly,

"help a customer quick, friendly and polite and ask him to let you know if anything will get wrong again, he is in most cases willing to stay with you for his brand and product choises."

we all know that when we phone the company that we have problem with, we are an unsatisfied costumer and all we need to do is to either rant or make someone know on the other side of the line that we are unhappy costumer.

Polite voice to unsatisfied costumer is like a bandage to a bleeding wound.

8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / -0
    Ok I admit it.........I'd rather be not only kicked in the balls, but castrated too, before I'd call a call centre. I love the way they also, sometimes mention, this call is being recorded, obviously so you can be sued in the eventuality that you lose your temper and threaten to murder the call centre's boss as well as the call receiver. :D

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / -0
    [Youtube][/Youtube]

The answer is ALWAYS NO!!

[Youtube][/Youtube]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.