Dumaguete Info Search

dauin area info please

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by cgal, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgal

cgal DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am looking at staying in this area for a few days to do some dives and visit nearby apo ilsand. I would like to know if all the resorts/hotels are near each other (walking distance). We dont want to be stuck in the evening having to eat at the same place every night. are there any pubs nearby? bands?
    what is your favourite hotel/resort in this area and why?

thanks!

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    In the Dauin area there are many resorts because it has a nice sanctuary at most places. Yes you can walk to many resorts there for dining, assumed you are not too "oversized" in weight and can still walk 1 km.
    That is about the maximum you need to walk from Atlantis on the north side to Mike's Dive Resort more in the centre.
    Some names ?
    Atlantis, Private Residence, El Dorado, Pura Vida, Mike's Dive Resort.
    There are more however and with a tricycle you can let you bring to Bahura or others more south.
    Make sure you have arranged to be brought back home again by that same person :D
    But if you only stay "a few days" as you say..... 1 or 2 will be enough to visit I guess.
    There are no real pubs there but in Dauin they have now a new place near the cockpit where you can enjoy during your drinks of the 'harmony' of the karaoke songs of the young and old native 'Filipino's got talent". :wink:

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    rofl!! :d :d

4. draude

draude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I think El dorado resort has something good to offer regarding your concern, they have a cab which brings you to the city(dumaguete) that if you want. I don't have the full details. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.