Dumaguete Info Search

Review Dauin Dive cafe

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by alesypalsy, Aug 14, 2016.

1. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Well my review is going back quite a way, I took my family or 5 in, my 2 young kids and my wife and brother ,

Sat down looked at menu and the chicken curry looked good at 195p, , My kids like it mild so i asked if they could make it mild, everything went down well, considering we were sitting in a bamboo shack i thought 195p was reasonable but the 50p cokes were on the high side,
    Anyway after we finish eating i get the bill and the childrens currys had been charged at 295 pesos each... this was confusing me so i tell them there must of been a mistake as it is clear on the menu the curry is 195... the owner then tells me that the milder korma style curry is a much different recipe? call me a fool but i had no idea that it costs 100 pesos more to put less curry powder into a already simple dish so after a bit of a debate we got the bill lowered but not to where it should of been........... my intention was not to return after this

Well i thought i would give them a second try on a tuesday a few weeks back , i ordered the fish and chips which was 265 or 295 pesos i cannot remember exactly, the chips were pretty good and chunky , no problem,, but the fish was not cooked in the middle, it was mushy, i ate the coating but left the fish as i know from experience you get very sick off uncooked fish!

The plate went back and nothing was said about the 3 large pieces of fish i had left on the plate, i was expecting some one to ask why i had not eaten the fish but was not asked and i thought it was my own fault for giving it a second try,,,
    3rd time NEVER,,

i will never return and i wonder how many others have had a bad experience here, maybe they should stick to the diving and not the food part?

i am afraid i will tell it how it is and the management there to have added money to make a milder curry was in opinion trying to ripp me off no doubt about it, then to only my second visit to the place to be served up uncooked fish made me wonder if they were trying to get revenge for my first unhappy visit of actually speaking up when my bill was unreasonable? i no longer care i will never return

my true experience , a true review with no bias
    cheers

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I have no reason to disagree, having never been there, so thanks for sharing.

In the spirit of sharing experiences, here is my opinion. I tend to take the best from a restaurant and leave the rest. By that I mean I find something I like at that establishment and stick with it. If I worried about the things I did not like, I would run out of places to eat in Philippines.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I have eaten the fish n chips there at dauin dive cafe a few times and they use cream dory for the fish,I don't have a problem with it as know what to expect,it's not like the white flakey fish we get back home,it's more like plaice.
    I ate the again yesterday whilst waiting for someone and again the food and coffee was great along with the service.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,361 / 1,256
    My wife and I go there fairly often. The food has always been very good. I've had the fish and chips many times it's one of my favorites. Why the OP had so much of a bad experience surprises me.
    Service is excellent they always greet their customers by name.
    The Friday all you can eat buffet is outstanding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    We've been there for their Friday bbq several times and it's always been very good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lorraine

Lorraine DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +69 / 21
    Blood Type:
    B-
    We have always had pleasant dining experiences here and we are grateful for the extra friendly staff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dauin Dive Cafe

Dauin Dive Cafe DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+

In answer to your ' true experience true review no bias' I feel we need to reply to your inconsistent comments.
    Firstly the curries on our menu are 180 inclusive of rice which include our Thai spicy and regular chicken (mild)
    Your family had ordered a Special of the day which was a Korma an Indian mild type of curry and was served with Basmatti rice and Roti bread at 295.
    This Indian style of curry sauce and paste I am importing from the UK as they are simply the best and no need to be 'adding less curry powder to a dish'
    You had the option of ordering bottled coke at 25 peso but no you wanted cans and 50 peso a can is standard in any given restaurant.
    As a good will gesture I offered the bill at a reduced rate as we always try and ensure our guests leave satisfied and not feel they were in your opinion ripped off.
    Fish and Chips is 220 peso (not 265 or 295) one of best sellers at the cafe and to say it was not cooked and that we were 'seeking revenge' shows me the true experience of the reviewer.

8. Dauin Dive Cafe

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to your return.

9. Dauin Dive Cafe

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for your comments and kind words.
    I have addressed the original OP above so thank you for giving a more balanced review and as always we look forward to welcoming you back with a smile.

10. Dauin Dive Cafe

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Our BBQ Friday's continue to be popular with old and new guests alike and we are looking forward to your return.