Dumaguete Info Search

Dengue Fever 2nd Time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PatO, Nov 5, 2014.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    My wife's 3 yr old nephew caught Dengue Fever for the 2nd time in 18 months and is back in the hospital. They live in our other house in Combado Brgy, Bacong. We need to noisy the barangay captain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Sorry to hear this was confirmed Pat. After I wrote to you Yesterday I could not believe what happened here in Batinguel. my Mother in law, was admitted to SUMC at 2.30 this morning. Whilst they are still waiting for the final results, it looks very much as it is also Dengue. Bad enough for a 3 year old but at 95 I am not too sure the Prognosis Will be too good for the Lovely Old Gal.

Best wishes and thoughts to all Pat and I do hope he gets over it all. Strong lads these 3 year old as you will Know.

JP

ps PM on it's way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That sucks PatO. Have you thought about putting up a mosquito trap around their house? I don't know if they even make them in the Philippines but it might be worth looking at.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Bad news all around then, so much rain over the last few months so plenty standing water! When we get a few buzzing around we put the elec zapper on until they disappear again but so far no probs. we sometimes wander around the area and if there are large pools of water with mossies in it they get the dishwasher soap treatment,works a treat,just squirt it on the water neat, no more Mossies!
    Hope everyone recovers well, pat sent you the bgy caps cell via pm.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    maynilad-water-anti-dengue-mosquito-trap-600-43722.jpg You have to shelter this one from rain water.
    I was ones on a very tiny mosquito free atol in the Tuamotu's. The only one in my travels!
    The family living there used the same system but with fish intestines instead of yeast/water.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thanks guys, hope the little guy will be okay, they caught it early this time. I notified the brgy captain.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    The problems are they eat outside at night, they get veggies from the garden, and he walks across a trail going to preschool. They have screen doors and screens on the windows. I doubt local folks would live inside a house with a net. Two things for sure, they will make sure they remove as much of the water as possible, and I will not let my boy go to that house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You should mention that water bottle traps above. How much could it possibly cost to have a bunch of these hanging up around the Barangay? I would even supply the water bottles, brown sugar and vinegar for my barangay. Every property/street corner should have these traps on them. Time for some mosquito genocide.

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Jack, hope your MIL gets through the dengue, as we know it is so dangerous to the elderly.

10. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Can u use vinegar instead of yeast ???