Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Dengue Vaccine

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by EandN, Jun 12, 2019.

1. EandN

EandN DI Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 17
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I didn't know it was possible to get a vaccination against Dengue Fever. Where can we obtain this, would it have to be at one of the hospitals?

2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    The Philippines had an experimental program in place giving free vaccinations to kids. The program was abandoned when it turned out the vaccine was a disaster and caused more problems than it prevented.
    The secretary of health and Aquino almost ended up facing charges. I believe the supplier ( some french company) ended up refunding a lot of money to the Philippines.
    I was going to to get vaccinated but fortunately the scandal broke before I got it.

3. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    The vaccine wasn’t a disaster. Politicizing the vaccine was the disaster, a disaster for many of the Filipinos who became scared of every vaccine because of the political fear-mongering. We have a measles epidemic in Mindanao precisely because of this vaccine fear-mongering. The vaccine Dengvaxia works fine and are being rolled out in Australia, Singapore, and other European nations. We have to pay $80 for it in Oz, here in the Phils, it was for free. Dengvaxia, however, cannot be administered if you haven’t had Dengue before.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No it didn't. There was a very small amount people that had problems and a ton of fear mongering and grandstanding by politicians and antivaxers. The vaccine did everything it promised and the risks and recommended uses were published and known about.

https://www.who.int/immunization/research/development/dengue_q_and_a/en/

The vaccine is still available in countries without dipsh*t politicians and doctors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    @wre83 thanks for the link to the WHO report. It mentioned that 4 out of 5 recipients were better off and the 1 in 5 was worse off. The worse off group got a lot of the spotlight. Most of my opinion was formed from watching the Senate hearings.
    It's difficult to have an informed opinion now a days with so much incorrect or incomplete information out there.
    Mia culpa Mia culpa.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You know how to tell if a politician is lying, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    yes, their lips move.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1