Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Dentists and dentures

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by notanewbie, Apr 30, 2015.

1. notanewbie

notanewbie DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Anyone had dentures made from a dentist in Dumaguete? This is for a Filipina friend (I am footing the bill).

I have been quoted prices all the way from 10,000 t0 21,000. This is a partial denture top and bottom.
    Hard to judge the quality of an item you have not seen or don't even know the maker.

Apparently some of the dentists have their stuff done outside Dumaguete and there are others who use a dental tech here and yet others who have their "own labs".

It's not always a case of you pay for what you get in my experience so I thought I'd ask if anyone has had it done here. Also anyone use the dentist in Evermall? ANy good?

2. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    My wife and I have only been to one Dentist in Duma, and I had substantial work done., without having to return to fix or amend anything. :thumbsup: I can't recommend the lady highly enough. Dr. Myrine L. Garupa, 54 Dr. V Locsin Street,. She is very gentle, precise and offers no pain, which sold me. The surgery has all the latest modern equipment, including a revolving xray machine, and very comfortable patient chairs. I would rate her as high as the Dentists in Oz, and somewhat higher than some of them. She may not be the cheapest in Duma, but that is your choice.:cool:.........compared to what it would have cost me in Oz, she is cheap as chips.:happy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It's just cost my wife PHP 20000 for partial dentures, top and bottom. She went to Dr Myrine Garupa on Dr V. Locsin St and has been very happy with all her treatment.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    notanewbie

notanewbie DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 3
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    She's a good dentist I think, but I would not describe her as "gentle", nor her chairs as "comfortable. Least not in comparison to multiple dentists in my home country.

5. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431789642,1431789400][/DOUBLEPOST]I found this lady dentist to be very high priced for dentures. Even just for a relining...She targeted herself in trying to sell me a new denture for P120,000, plus another P60,000 for additional trips back...yes, the dental chair is better than most and the lady does wear a mask. But her focus is on selling overpriced dentures, so you decide.

6. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Hit and miss with Dr. Garupa. The first denture, an upper, broke in half after a week. But after welding together with gold mesh it's been the best I've had.

So I paid for a duplicate, a clone. What I got floated all over and locked up when trying to chew. I went back many times trying to get it fixed but after too many sessions of clay in the mouth I gave up on her. I think she was too busy with too may foreigners, your experience may vary.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Yes....I had her do a simple full upper denture reline. Worst fitting I have ever had. (The best one was made in David, Panama, S.A.) I will not return to this lady.

8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I used Garupa before and found her also NOT gentle at all. Her cleaning was iffy but aside from that things were fine. Her prices were more expensive however.

I now use Dr Cho I think it was. If your coming from NORSU along the highway you take the right road after NORSU heading towards West Elem. School. They are on the left hand side just after make that right road turn after NORSU. I have found the doctor there far more gentle, the work solid, and even better prices beating out the competition especially Garupa. I won't be returning to Garupa again....

9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Does anyone have an opinion on a local dental surgeon, one who might surgically remove impacted wisdom teeth? Or should I have it done when next in Manila?:biggrin:

10. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I personal would not go to a dentist on the street for an impacted wisdom tooth. I would go to either Silliman Medical Cente or Holy Child and ask to see the dentist there. You need a dental surgeon, as if there are complications, they have the facilities to deal with it, on the spot. The treatment here is hit and miss as with most things. I have friends whom used a certain dentist here ( no names ) and eventually had to go to Manila for corrective treatment. Alternatively, get treated when you are in Manila

images.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1