Dumaguete Info Search

Devlin's Jamming Saturday 16th Febuary 4pm ,Rock'N'Roll.

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Devlin, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devlin

Devlin DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Devlin's Jamming Saturday 16th Febuary 4pm ,Rock'N'Roll. The day is hot the beers are cold and the band is getting ready to Rock. Come along to Devlin's all you Rock "n"Rollers. Come along to Devlin's all you pessimists, come along all you optamists Come along all you Rockers,bring the family have a great day . Im still standing better than I ever did,standing like a true suviver acting like a little kid but im still standing Yea" Yea" Yea" . Come play badminton, on our new lawn badminton court. Don't listen to the mugs and the pessimists have a look for yourselfs (Hi Emigna hope to see you soon at Devlin's. Regards Andy)

2. ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi,Devlin,just leaving for Philippines.I wont make the 16th,as just arriving in Dipolog then.I assume the next "jam session" is 2 weeks after that? Will aim for Saturday 2nd March.See every one then.:smile:

3. dobs

dobs DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok I read all these posts about the Di meeting in Devlins. One says January 16, and 7PM, the otherby Devlin says 4 Pm and Feb 16. So there are like four combinations possibble, exceptthat January is not gona happen. And then I read the jam sessions go every other week in some posts, and every week in others. Whos on first here?

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Dobs,
    as you are are quite new here I am happy to explain for you and all other new members.
    I dont care when there is Jamming, on Saturday is DI-Meeting at Devlins.... period. !!!
    I bring my guitar, maybe RHB (if his lovely woman does not take all energy out of him.... I know his age, it's not that easy for him... hehehe) can bring my Amp and his pair of drumsticks, Jelly brings his trumpet, and maybe Fred... The teach just need to see if we are ok for him (Hey, Al.... never mind it is jamming)... Decon_Phil will not show up cause he is dutch and personally in a special relationship with the owner (and does not mind that there are more friends who dont care about that.... but ok , he is dutch, I know many Germans, they are similar, thats why I escaped from there...)....
    I hope Archon and many of our Philippine friends will come...

simple, Dobs, bring all friends you know and come to the meeting. If it is not good, I rented a easy Ride who brings us wherever we want...

cheers

Rhoody

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    can imagine confusion

Fred will be there as well coming Saturday (WITH his bongo's !).
    I'm Dutch, so I should have a problem Rhoody :smile: ?
    I don't have..... as long as we beat the Germans with soccer :D
    Andy mentions start of jamming at 4 pm, but the jammers already agreed some time ago to start at 5 pm.
    At least Fred and I will be there at 5 pm with our instruments.
    I hope we can get a keyboard player soon. Yesterday I met a singer who said he could probably introduce a Filipino keyboard player to us.
    If he already will show up this Saturday ? MAYBE

6. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    The DI meeting is listed as starting 7 pm, that's soon enough for me. The keyboard at Andy's is off a whole tone, won't be of much service I think. Unless a player can transpose on the fly.
    So a trumpet and conga drum duet might be nice to warm up the crowd.:smile:

7. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Btw this topic is about the jamming, opened by Andy.
    But it now seems to be difficult to get us jammers 'in line'.
    I feel a bit uncomfortable having made 'arrangements' with another jammer who is not on this forum and can't even read it.
    So we will sit there at 5 pm just the 2 of us ? Andy, I hope you have more relatives who play any kind of instrument so we can indeed start playing some time before the DI meeting starts.

RHB, at many (most ?) keyboards it's easy to transpose a key to ANY tone level :wink: If Andy's one (keyboard :D ) can do the same, I don't know.

8. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Andy said four rhoody said seven, you say 5, What, every one will pick his own timeto show up?
    The keyboard is off one key, no one has been able to adjust it so far. Not for me to say what piano player has the skill to figure that out while playing. I am just stating a fact about the instrument.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ermmmm DI meeting is scheduled at 7pm, I wanna be there earlier around 5ish that I don't have to set things up when the members are arriving...

Jelly, Holland can win all soccer-friendship games, you know where the importand victories go to anyway... hehe. Happy to see you guys tomorrow...

cheers

Rhoody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.