Dumaguete Info Search

Diabetes and living in the Philippines...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by garbonzo, Nov 17, 2013.

1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Sad to say but I've recently been diagnosed with diabetes…..Type 1.5…..Bit different fro the standard 1..or 2... - but caused by my immune system having eaten my thyroid to death - has started on my pancreas….To be honest, we'll likely be living near Bacolod (out north towards Silay) where we have a nice large lot in a secure sub-division….But I'm just curious about the level of competence and care of diabetics on Negros…It's not rocket science but you need the right meds…The diet is manageable I expect…So are expat diabetics doing ok there? This took me totally be surprise…had been having a lot of annoying infections in recent months - so now we know why…Just wondering how expats with the same problem are finding life in the Visayas….

2. Larry_H

Larry_H DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The Philippine Medical Association's statistics state that 9.7% of the population of the Phils is diabetic. I'm sure that no matter where you go, you can find doctors, and medication for your needs. Without posting the exact names and addresses, I did a search and found 7 Clinics in Bacolod that specialize in Diabetes. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting your needs attended to.

3. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I use the Endocrinology dept in Bacolod Doctors hospital & have no complaints...