Dumaguete Info Search

Dining in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by FilipinoGringo, Apr 10, 2015.

1. FilipinoGringo

FilipinoGringo Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    As a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, I'm highly critical when it comes to quality, quantity, and presentation when a plate of food is placed in front of me. I hope I have a great dining experience when I arrive to Dumaguete. Cheers.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :eek: :jawdrop: OH! OH! I will now be very Quiet. FG please don't hold your breath to long on this one. Food is food end of.

if I miss your Arrival, Welcome to the Philippines,

JP :bag: :wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ronondo Rico

Ronondo Rico DI Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 2
    First, let me welcome you to Dumaguguete in advance of your arrival. I hope you enjoy your visit here and create amazing memories. As for food.......I hope that you bring 2 cups of patience....1 cup of understanding....2t of amazement and 1 sprinkle of humor. The subject of food and food perveyors has been beaten to death on the forum so i will only add that.... few places will meet with your expectations. Even tho there is a lack of products, training and facilities most establishments strive to provide a good meal for a fair price. I think a blanket statement would be that certain establishments do certain entrees better then others. Finding those places is the challenge. None will do everything correctly.

Being Highly Critical of presentation, quality and quantity will leave you disappointed. Enjoy your vacation and the Philippines.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Genius Genius x 2
  4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Welcome to DI, I agreed with RR best answer.:cool::cigar::cigar::cigar:
    In early 90's i was a part of Chef William 'Billy" King team in manila,I was also part of team servicing the Chain des Rostisseurs abroad as restaurant manager.
    In dumaguete city there’s none of the establishment that would satisfied Michelin stars. You may try to dine at Atmosphere resorts and Salaya beach houses, my personal choice is Salaya.
    Bon appetit!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    FilipinoGringo

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    Well, I enjoy good wholesome food and I may have sounded a little rough on the edges, but people can get sick and die from bad food. When you are the Chef, you are responsible for the safety of your customers.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428659152,1428658950][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I wasn't expecting Michelin. Just safe, good food.

6. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Wow..2 graduates fro Le Cordon Bleu in dumaguete.. Come on out and have a pizza, I will give you the number of you alma mater.

• Like Like x 1
  7. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Have extremely low expectations and maybe a few places will give you one out of three of your quality, quanity and presentation. A handful of restaurants will meet your requirements and hope you find them all. Stay at a place where you can make your own meals and then you will be happy for sure. Good luck and look forward to your reviews.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    FilipinoGringo

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    Well, I generally cook at home, but once in awhile, one needs to go out and socialize. Food and drink brings people together.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    FilipinoGringo

Ratings:
    +40 / 7
    I always avoid buffets and daily specials, especially if it is chicken or seafood. I met a girl from Taytay, Rizal and I just spoke with her after no contact for 6 days. Last conversation, she was deathly ill from seafood that she purchased at a fast food joint or the market. Anyway, last contact, it was coming out from both ends. This morning, she stated she was hospitalized during the period of no contact. Be careful when you go out and eat.

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    and be careful of young ladies claiming emergency illnesses (especially if they ask you to foot the bill). Not saying that is the case but.....it does happen quite often.

Everyone here has given great advice, I have nothing to really add to it other than "5 star dining experiences" will be found nowhere in Dumaguete, but you will find some good/quality food with a great atmosphere.

• Agree Agree x 3