Dumaguete Info Search

Dinner at Italia

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jeffhd, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffhd

jeffhd One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All start as beautiful Sunday evening with group of friends we want try a new spot in town; Italia Restaurant & Bar, we have got good news. In the beginning all was ok and smooth i have nice talk with the chef about bike wine food, the place look great and much more warm that before, yes is the former Carmine Ristorante Italiano. All suppose turn in exciting dinner. When all the gang rich the restaurant we take the suggest of the chef and we start our italian experience. And all can be wrong in one night goes wrong, all turn in a nightmare i never experience bad service like this, the food served to wrong guest or wrong table. Table coming after us got their order before us. I see the same food back and for from the kitchen many time but never serve to our table. I ask talk with the chef and when he was able to come out all was ready going wrong. Is pity coz the food was excellent & wine to, but the service was not at the food level i am complete disappoint and i tell the chef that i do not want talk any more, but i will not come back.:mad: :mad:

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    We had our meeting on Saturday there.
    The service was not that bad as you discribed, but there has some work to be done. We had some hicup's, but the food which came out of the kitchen was really good. That is for me the first important point, the staff can hopefully be trained.

cheers

Rhoody

3. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Like all others also the waiters can have a bad day at work.When you have been there a couple times we'll hear from you again.
    It is not fair to give this kinda bad karakteristics based on a single experience.
    From my point of view.

4. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well it may not be fair, but it is human nature to report the bad news.. Why it is so hard to be in the restaurant bussiness here, training help to upscale expectations is problematic. And asa new establishment they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
    A forum comment adds to the problem, as one negative post is their forever.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I don't see that report that bad,

It basically says that the food and wine was excellent and the stuff needs to be trained.
    It actually says way more about Jeffhd's attitude. He considers that a nightmare (for sure he can't have a lot PI experience than) and refuses to talk to the chef, even he asked to talk with him...

6. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey if the food is good then it is worth going there. I have experienced ill trained staff at most of the places in the Philippines so it seems to be the normal acceptable way. It is even written in the tourist books to not expect good waitress service in the Philippines. I find this very interesting and would love to understand the psychology behind it all.
    But thanks for the warning. I will still visit when I am there. I love Italian food!

7. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    When he describe the service as a nightmare there.
    Then what words do he need to use to make a bad describtion???:D

And this is my point.You can make much harm with going public like this with that kinda use of words. What about "a big room for improvement in service instead".For me this seems like a new restaurant,and them are sensitive to this kinda public speach.

For me I'm mostly satisfied with the service I get.
    And have allways been satisfied here.

Attached Files:

8. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That is philippines, when it comes to service the exactness, or quickness is mostly lucking...but when the foods is good i can still take it…my bf always insulting and complaining the services in restaurants and hotels when he was there…because not used of sloppiness.My duty on that time…to calm him down.

9. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hi blackline
    i think you like to wait for your drinks,because the place you show us has the slowest service
    cheeeeeers

10. Mary007

Mary007 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was at Italia Restaurant last May 1. I had a great time there and I enjoyed the food. I ordered pasta in calamari and it was delicious. It was worth the money I paid for it. And the food is cooked by a real Italian.

Its a new restaurant, so I can excuse the service and mix up of orders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.