Dumaguete Info Search

Dirt Bike Trails on Negros

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Hawker, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawker

Hawker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All,

I'm staying on Negros through the end of the year, currently in Dumaguete, and am looking for any dirt bike riding opportunities that might exist on the island. In the US I race and ride really difficult terrain, so anywhere that you can ride a dirt bike would be of great interest to me. Thanks for any and all input.

Cheers,
    Mark

2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There used to be a group of mostly Filipino bikers that met every Sunday somewhere in town and went out towards the mountains.

- It might have been reduced to all Filipinos after one American (missionary) rammed someone in front of him and spent a number of months in a cast.

Ask around at the bike dealers about any organized riding. Rusi and Du Ek Sam.

3. OP
    OP
    Hawker

Hawker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, I'll ask around. Hopefully the weather will improve. Coming all the way from Seattle to ride in the rain, while ironic as hell, sure isn't terribly fun.

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
  5. OP
    OP
    Hawker

Hawker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sweet! Looks like you guys have a good time here.

One of mine from Moab, UT, USA :
    [​IMG]

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Maybe you did overlook but on this forum in there's a topic:
    Looking for roads for the 'big' red machine, which has some postings where you will find information that can satisfy your dirt bike riding desires. Njoy & have fun.

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    If you really do race etc, contact Bryan at Happy Fred's airport, he's a 'Ham Shank' too and good. Multiple long distance/difficult terrain race winner in the States, both on 2 & 4 wheels. (e.g. one of this years' winning drivers in the Reno-Las Vegas Rally). He has a thorough knowledge of all the mountain routes in Negros, Panay, Cebu & more, what's more he's a definite no 'Bull Sh*tter.'. :wink:

8. SurfinUSA

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Ya that was Rob, formerly with Calvary (sp), I'd thought I'd spare mentioning his name, but the cat's out of the bag now :smile:

I talked to someone at Rusi about the black motard he was riding and they sell, the women there said he's into racing.

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Rob's the guy that careened into the Governor on one of the rides. Don't know if that's the crash that broke his arm though.

10. SurfinUSA

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I remember him hopping around on crutches for a long time with a cast halfway up his right? leg. I didn't know he hit the Governor!:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.