Dumaguete Info Search

Diving at AMLAN VILLAGE

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by earlmj, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Likely you have never heared of the place. That is as we lack the coraalreef , but then again those can be found almost everywhere.
    We have deep sandy waters with lots of BIG fish , \Tuna , all kind of Marlin , Giant Groupers ( Dont, tell Phildiver !! JOKE LANG ) and more stuff ..
    A Pump boat you can rent from all of my neighbours and a few minutes later... off you go !!
    Nice Sunsets and cheap drinks at the beach.....

Check it out !!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chloe

Chloe DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    :smile: wow nice shots...thanks for sharing earlmj
    I miss those boats:smile:

3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice pics there. amlan is a nice place too. thanks for the pics earlmj

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Earl,
    are there filled tanks available around Amlan?
    as I only have a bike I have enough to carry on it, that I have no chance to get a tank on top... BTW, Diving in the sand is sometimes way more interesting than in coral Gardens... you just need to have some time and a closer look... The sand IS alive !!!:D

cheers

Rhoody

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Beautifull pictures Rhoody.. We do have a great number of small fish like Clwonfishes and gobies though it is near to the coastline. The water get quickly very deep and on even 100 meters from the beach we see larger boats and big( in my eyes far to big) nets trawling...
    I used to have a lot of pictures and even a picture of the "catch of the day "a Massive grouper guess over 80 kilo or so. I rather would have been them put the fish back again...
    Coming to m bottles Nope , Amlan has nothing to offer exept the ultimate tranquility . Almost NO cars, very little scooters ( not in size but in numbers )
    plenty of churches even for the Mormons ( oeps sorry , they wish to be addressed as " Later Day Saints "} The major lives 3 houses from my place and the Secretary of former president Ramos on the other side also 3 lots away...
    In the event that you want to take a dip into the water , we can always have you picked up with the car.....
    In other words you can bring over the gear....
    Likely you will be the first to go " into the deep " , kids only take interest in Nemo and catching baby Bangus to sell to the local Fish hatcheries between Amlan and Tanjay...I am the only Caucasian here so you will have lots of attention of little kids and pretty girls too :wink: :wink:
    The picture is of one of those " big " boats that appear on a daily basis. This one however did not count on the quickchange of the high tide into low tide and..stranded.. The fish ,ofcourse , did not mind that at all....:D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.