Dumaguete Info Search

Diving - What Have You Found?

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by 2blackbelts, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Since there are so many excellent divers, as well as trained people on this forum, I was curious about the following.

What have any of you found while diving that would be considered a rare, valuable, unusual, or historic find?

With all the wrecks, sea battles, etc. in the Philippines, there must be a tremendous amount of things on the bottom.

Have any of you ever discovered a wreck not previously explored? Or maybe a downed plane? Even non valuable things such as dishes, cups, furniture would be exciting to find. How about old artifacts, maybe swords, or old coins?

I don't care about the money value of any find, I would just like to hear about what you have come upon. Since I am a non diver, this is really fascinating to me.

Thanks for your feedback, stories, and information.

2 blackbelts

2. firea

firea DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Found accidentally? Uhmmm.... I've recovered several diving equipments such as masks and dive knives. Usually you can find those at pickup and drop off points. For anything historical or of significant value, I have yet to find something.

Most of the time, I just find trash (empty candy wrappers are no 1) and then I'll stuff it in the pockets on my BCD to throw to a proper waste bin when I surface. On one coastal clean up, I found a toy guitar, back pack and a shoe underwater :smile:

I think to discover wrecks nowadays, you have to go on your own exploration dive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.